Visit San Gimignano, Volterra and Bolgheri in this day trip
Discover Bolgheri, land of the Super Tuscans. Once considered a simple table wine, local bordeaux blends like Sassicaia and others combine Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot as in a magic potion; revealing DOC excellence in every drop.
Brimming with all things Etruscan, Volterra will captivate you with its doors, amphitheatre and ancient burial places. Discover alabaster, a warm and luminous stone that enchants and inspires the artisan genius that fills the streets of this charming Tuscan jewel.
Enjoy typical Tuscan cuisine in a countryside setting, toasting with a glass of Bolgheri Red or Sassicaia.
Make a pilgrimage to postcard perfect San Gimignano, where 13 of its original 72 towers will envelope you. Originally built to boast power and wealth, today these towers provide one of the most striking and enchanting backdrops for any traveller's itinerary.
Contact me to plan your private, customized culinary-sightseeing tour in Tuscany together!
- Winery and wine tasting
- San Gimignano*
- Gelato tasting
- Scenic Tuscan backroads
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Please enter the address from where you would like to be picked-up near Siena
I can pick you up directly at your hotel (even those in the traffic-restricted zone), or from the bus station, train station, or wherever is most convenient for you.
End location: Please specify the location for drop-off.
Duration: 9 hours
Luxury Mercedes "Class E200 Exclusive Plus" sedan with air conditioning, 1-3 passengers
Luxury Mercedes "Vito" minivan with air conditioning, 1-8 passengers
- 9 hours
- Private, flexible, door-to-door service
- Luxury Mercedes sedan/minivan with air conditioning
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Refreshments on board
- Gas - Tolls - VAT
- Gelato tasting
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euros - (estimated) per person
- Bolgheri winery and wine tasting
- Eventual local walking tour guide (while interested, please book one on TbL list)
- Wine tastings
- Please note that I am a driver-guide only, and I will not be able to accompany you on any portion of the tour which requires walking. The parts of the itinerary denoted by * will be un-guided - you will be left to walk and explore by yourself for these portions of the tour
Please note that I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of historical monuments and will not be able to accompany you on portions of the tour denoted by * - these parts of the tour will be un-guided.