Fresh air, clear sky and romantic scenery
Lets explore the countryside and cosy villages in the "Heart of Austria".
Winter-Period: December to March!
The Salzkammergut area is well known for its history (more than 7000 years of salt mining. . . ), as well as it has been the residence of our Emperor Kaiser Franz Joseph.
Composers, actors and noble people from all over the world came for their holidays. The region became famous and still kept its flair.
The amazing landscape with 76 lakes and the high mountains formed the tourism in combination with beautiful sights and all kind of activities possible in nature, especially in the winter period.
In the winter season the whole area offers a lot to explore, it is more quiet and less tourism makes it unique.
We will visit the Postalm (1. 100m a. s. l. ) the largest high plateau of Austria, wide range of back country and a small ski area. Cosy typical mountain huts will invite you for a taste of Austrian cuisine.
Welcome to a beautiful day at the countryside of Austria!
A short drive outside the city of Salzburg (appr. 30 min. ) the landscapes are changing to a beautiful scenery of lakes and mountains. The little villages are covered in snow and shows their peaceful sides.
I would like to show and offer to you:
- Private Transport along the Lake Fuschlsee and Lake Wolfgangsee
- Visit of the villages St. Gilgen (mother of W. A. Mozarts birthplace ) and St. Wolfgang (1000 years history of pilgrims, most interesting church)
- Driveway into the beautiful mountains winter resort Postalm, the largest high plateau in Austria
Individual special offer - contact me for details and a quote:
- Snow-Shoe hike in lovely nature, stop at a typical mountain hut for a snack & Gluewine
- romantic ride with a horse sleigh
- funny tobogganing (ride with sleighs or tubes)
The time of duration could be set flexible to your holiday program.
Welcome to a beautiful day at the country side of Austria!
Please bring warm winter cloth and boots, gloves and warm hood.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel or any other meeting point in Salzburg!
End location: At your hotel or as agreed with you in Salzburg!
Duration: 6 hours
We will get around in a modern, comfortable, 7-seater Ford Galaxy.
- My time and service as your private guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fee winter park, largest high plateau of Austria
Estimated Local Cash Needed
61 Euro - Rent for Snow-shoes, pools € 16,-- (if you like to enjoy snow shoe hiking)
snack and typical drink at a cosy mountain hut € 15,--
Romantic ride in the horse Sleighs € 18,--
Snow tubing or sleighing € 12,--
Rent for Snow-shoes, pools (if you like to enjoy snow shoe hiking)
Snack and drinks at the mountain hut
Romantic ride in the horse Sleighs
Snow tubing or sleighing
I am not licensed to guide inside museums due to local regulations.