birthplace of Mozart and location for "The Sound of Music" film
Visit the birthplace of the child prodigy Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the places where he ate, drank and performed in Salzburg. Share the magic of the sights used in the most famous of all musicals, the Academy Award winning (yes! 5 Oscars) "The Sound of Music".
Salzburg is listed amongst UNESCO'S World Heritage Sites, a glorious city with a rich 2, 500 year history……the former archbishropic (Archdiocese) of the Prince Archbishops, who held the authority of the Pope north of the Alps. Salzburg will intoxicate you like no other city, an absolute "gem" of old European charm and glamour. It will be a day that will remain in your memory forever.
A fully guided day tour with optional free time in the afternoon to explore the city at your leisure.
OPTIONAL: I can reserve a table for us at Europe's oldest restaurant - "Stift St Peter's" - dating back to the year 803 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! - excellant food and service. )
This tour is approximately 9. 5 hours including 1. 45 hours each way by train to Salzburg
- 09. 15 am meet at your hotel. (Or 1 hour earlier if you wish)
- 09. 55am train departure from Munich main station (Hauptbahnhof) by regional train to Salzburg (1. 45 hours each way).
- 2 hour orientation tour of the UNESCO world heritage site of Salzburg's old town. (recommended ) optional lunch at Europe's oldest restaurant: Stift St. Peters (dates back to 803!).
- after lunch we can walk to the Nonnberg Abbey and continue our tour of Salzburg.
- You will then have some free time in the afternoon to shop and explore on your own if you wish.
- 17. 15 Train to Munich
- 19. 08 arrive in Munich
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I am happy to meet you at your hotel and acompany you to the station. If you hotel is outside the city centre you may requre a taxi to the main station where I will arrange to meet you.
End location: I will bring you back to your hotel if you wish or help you to travel into the city centre.
Duration: 10 hours
If trains are delayed the tour could take longer, but this is VERY rare in Germany!
we will travel by regional train for 1 hour 45 minutes from Munich to Salzburg, a beautiful journey through the Chiemgau and Salzburgerland regions. From Salzburg station there is a 5 minute bus ride to the stunning Mirabell Gardens and from there we will be strolling leisurely through Salzburg. The historical centre of Salzburg is pedestrianised, flat and easy to walk around.
- Return rail and bus transport costs (including guide)
Additional people please add 10 euro per person extra to cover extra train and bus tickets.
- Full day guiding fee and lots of wonderful photo opportunites!-
- Free time for shopping in Salzburg
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 EURO - - Lunch approx 20-30 Euro
- Fernicular ride to the Hohensalzburg Fortress, including museum entrance/audio = 12 euro
- Mozart's birth house museum = 11 Euro
- Lunch at St Peter's restaurant (expect to pay approx 30-40 euro for a main course, drink & tip).
- All museum entrance fees, food, drink and gratuities are not included:
PRICES: FORTRESS MUSEUM = 12 euro p.p.including Furnicular
MOZART'S BIRTH HOUSE MUSEUM = 11 euro p.p.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Fantastic tour... fun and informative