When you come and visit Grand Turk the Salt ponds and the old wind mill, you will get to see when the Bermuda in the last 1600s and the lasted until commercial exploitation for the Salinas ended in the 1960. White Gold:How the salt was made and unmade in the Turks & Caicos Islands. The Turks & Caicos had one of the world's first and largest , salt industries. The salt production and use, the salt ponds has been used for therapeutic purposes in the pass.
Long before Christopher Columbus first set foot on the capital island of Grand Turk during his discovery voyage of the new world in 1492, the islands of the Turks & Caicos were inhabited by Taino and Lucayan Indians. These original settlers left a rich heritage of seafaring, salt raking and farming, which still lingers on today. You will enjoy this 4 hour tour.
1. The on the tour you will get to see 17th century saltpans that chronicles the history of the salt and slaves in industry.
2. You will meet your tour guide at the Cruise Center taxi stand
3. You will be great by your Tour by local guide. And proceed to the salt pans at the east side of the cruise center
4. Proceed to the main Town Salt ponds. You will catch a glimpse of the endangered Pink Flamingos
5. Proceed to the Museum for 30 minutes. You will get and read the history of the Salt ponds.
6. The final leg you'll stop at the Salt House Museum for 45 minutes. The Salt House is a little gift shop with quite a few free-to-view exhibits and displays on the old salt industry, also you can listen , and watch the movie how they used to work the salt.
7. Re-board the van and returned back to the Cruise Center, or Hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet Location: If you are coming by cruise ship, you will meet at the cruise center taxi stand
If you are coming by airplane, you Location will meet at the Airport.
If you are living on the island, your meeting place is where you living.
End location: End Location: Is where you were pick up.
Duration: 3 hours 30 min.
Tour transportation is a Chevrolet Express van 15 14 seated, licensed taxi. Clean and fully air condition. Which allows for maximum comfort.
My service Tour by local Guide'
Bottle of water and a soft drink & a snack per-person
Get free Wi-Fi
Pick up and Drop off
Will pay to visit the Museum.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 USD - 50USD. for pushing gift
The Van can fit 14 guests comfortable, Please inquire for large groups. Included in the price.
Food is not
My Van can fit up to 14 guest comfortable. Please inquire for large groups.