Guess who is on the photo - The answer is below
The Hermitage is the cultural heart of St. Petersburg. This is the largest museum in Russia which is known worldwide. It contains about three million works of art: statues, paintings, works of decorative art, coins, archaeological artefacts, and much more.
The Hermitage contains the collections of historical and cultural monuments of the world: ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, India, Byzantium, ancient Rome, ancient Greece, the Middle and the Far East, Western Europe.
A visit to the Hermitage will be one of the most memorable events of your trip.
Museum working hours:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 10:30 am - 6 pm
Wednesday, Friday: 10:30 am - 9 pm
* Answer to the picture: Young Christopher Columbus on the pier!
- We may start with Impressionists, old Masters or visit The Winter Palace and then proceed to the Galleries
- Among the old masters, we can find two works of Leonardo, two by Rafael, one by Michaelangelo; the largest collection in the world of Rembrandt and a lot more.
- Among the Impressionists: Monet, Renoir, Sisley, Pissarro are represented as well as many other artists of the same epoque as Gauguin, van Gogh, Cezanne, Picasso and others.
My art history background will be of great help for the explanations.
* We will adjust the itinerary based on your interests.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 4 hours
It can be flexible.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 RUB - For a snack or a drink.
Credit cards are accepted as well.
I can arrange for a separate car and driver. Usually Mercedes van, comfortable and air conditioned
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Anna is a true art lover & teacher. Guided our group of 4 cruisers through Staff Bldg & Hermitage. In a short time, she gave a course in Impressionism - offering insights into lives of artists, forms & subjects, relations to social & art developments. On short notice, Anna got wheelchair access with staff. Expertly navigated way to key works through Hermitage, contextualizing many pieces with ease. Equally at adept at Russian & art history, life of the Palace & Museum collection. DELIGHTFUL.