Sachsenhausen national memorial and the city of Berlin
After an approx. 2. 5 hours transfer along the highway we stop in Oranienburg, there is the national memorial. You will have a self-guided audio tour. After a visit of 1, 5 hour we will go to Berlin, it takes 45 minutes. A sightseeing tour (approx. 3 hours) of the most signifiant sights of Berlin with some time for a lunch or snack.
Brandenburg Gate, part of the Wall, Check Point Charlie, royal Berlin with Humboldt University and Museum Island, TV Tower, Holocaust Memorial and Potsdamer Platz . The drive with photo stops and short walks can be adapted to your special interests.
You will leave Berlin with a kaleidoscope of memories and return to the ship after a long but exciting day.
- SACHSENHAUSEN NATIONAL MEMORIAL and former concentration camp - stay 1. 5 hours
- drive to Berlin 45 min. - visit some sights of Berlin
- Brandenburg Gate - the most popular sight in Berlin and popular landmark all over Germany
- Potsdamer Platz is a place of superlatives in the middle of Berlin in the former border strip
- Reichstag with a glass dome open to visitors
- the Holocaust Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Checkpoint Charlie was a crossing point between East and West Berlin
- The Gendarmenmarkt - for me the most beautiful square with French and German Church
- Berlin Cathedral is the biggest church in Berlin
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up at the ship terminal or hotel
End location: I will drive you back to the ship terminal or hotel
Duration: 12 hours
We will go around by my mini van (Mercedes Vito)
a walk in SACHSENHAUSEN NATIONAL MEMORIAL about 1.5 hours
Pick up from the cruise ship in the port of Warnemünde.
Berlin driver guided city tour of approx. 6 hours
Transfer back from Berlin to the cruise ship terminal
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 Euro - drinks, snacks, restroom, entrance fee for an audiguide in museum
coast for self-guided audio tour 3,00 Euro per person in the SACHSENHAUSEN MEMORIAL
You have to pay any purchases of any items related to shopping, souvenirs, any snacks or restroom
I am not licensed to guide inside museums due to local regulations