Walking around 2000 years old city
The tour takes the walkers around the very center of the biggest Bulgarian port along the Danube, a 2000 years old settlement established yet by the Romans.
It unfolds heritage from various historical periods including the communist past and nowadays before the visitor's eyes and then, in the end, suggests a little bit of a free time.
You will enjoy baroque buildings, Danube panoramas, small charming old streets, a point where Catholicism meets Orthodoxy, passing by monuments and museums, the modern central part of the city - all these knitted in short pleasant relaxing walk.
Also, there are few places you can optionally enter and enjoy, including meeting with local people - museums, churches, remaining of a Roman fort in the open. . .
And last, but not least, all suggested is integrated into a flexible walking tour so that one can easily skip one or add another site.
-All my tours can be customized, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions -
Start from the former central square appearing today to be a small very green, surrounded by beautiful buildings site, where the historical museum is also situated (visit - optional)
- walk along the main pedestrian - turn northwards for a while covering part of the former merchant's street, going to the former river station
- eastwards along the riverside boulevard
- entering a small street with a Catholic and Orthodox church on both sides of the street (visit to the churches and meeting the priests there is optional)
- countinuing for a little bit more by the Danube to a monument that faces the river - entering the very center of the city
- short walk around the central square to see the symbol monument of the city, to have a glimpse of the Opera house building and the main church of the city built in the 1600s, and to get directions what one can do for a while on his own.
We are finishing with some free time and setting a meeting point, where we'd eventually finish the tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: The Batenberg Square in front of the museum or the port at the Danube
Duration: 2 hours 30 min.
Visiting other museums or churches beyond the ones included in the tour would extend the tour by some an hour and a half.
This is a walking tour
- Guiding Services
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 USD - I consider 50 USD is enough to have at hand. Most of the visited entities accept also cards;
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks