A fantastic leap into the passed , starting three thousand years ago up to the modern era. And... impressive landscape!
We'll visit some charming places around Rome in a full day experience of 7 hours. It will touch the excavation area in Cerveteri known as "City of Dead" with a deep immersion in the Etruscan culture, start of the Roman one.
The lake Bracciano is the perfect frame to the imposing Castle Orsini-Odescalchi standing aside of it, magnificent and very well preserved, full of works of art and collections of armoires ( biggest of Europe!).
A lunch included in the quaint medieval town of Ceri as the noon-break
Variable starting time but, for example:
- 9:00 am start from Hotel / airport / pier etc.
- 10:00 admission inside Etruscan City-of-dead
- 11:30 / 12:00 pm visit the local civic-Etruscan Museum
- 1:00 be at lunch in Ceri
- 2:30 enter Orsini-Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano
- 3:30 leave the lake to reach the ending destination by 4/4:15 pm
Flexibility on starting time will allow us to match any possible request (embarkation time?).
The possible extension to Sutri runs for another two hours, so that:
- 4:00 pm enter the Roman amphitheater carved in the tufa stone and continue to the tiny medieval church which hides inside what is left of the ancient temple of Mitra;
- 5:00 end of the tour and back to the final destination.
A tour suitable to all kind of visitors: Cruisers in Rome before, willing to explore its surrounding; First time-in-Rome Cruisers that, on the way to the port, want to have a special experience; or affectionate explorers of Italy and always researching for a new fascinating korner.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 7 hours
The itinerary develops within the seven hours, including the stop for lunch in Ceri. The tour can be extended upon request.
We will use a van , Mercedes of last generation ( 2016 ) airconditioned , for max 7 guests .
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 Eur - Drinks or gelato along the way etc.
Always better to have some cash available.
- Personal Expenses