A walk into the most popular spots of the city, authentic masterpieces of Renaissance and Baroque art.
This tour is designed to cover the Rome's most significant squares, statues and fountains, or the Renaissance and Baroque.
We will meet in Piazza di Spagna, at the bottom of the Spanish steps, discovering the best monuments, statues and squares of Rome of the Baroque and Renaissance age. A walk through the Political Squares of Italy, getting the feeling of the real Rome, discovering where the real Romans live and everyday life in Rome with an insider's perspective.
- We will meet at Piazza di Spagna, below the Spanish Steps, or at a hotel nearby.
- Going towards Trevi Fountain, passing the Column of the Immaculate Conception and the Spanish Embassy.
- Through the gallery Alberto Sordi we will arrive in Piazza Colonna, where you can see the Column of Marcus Aurelius and Palazzo Chigi, where the headquarter of the Ministers of Italy is.
- Piazza di Montecitorio, where the Parliament's building is.
- Temple of Divo Claudio on the right, nowadays headquarters of the stock market.
- Piazza Saint'Ignazio, architectural magnificence of the Baroque age built by Filippo Raguzzini, with S. Ignazio's church with paintings from Andrea Pozzo
- Small break for coffee or gelato
- Pantheon, a former Roman temple, now a church
- Piazza Navona, the old stadium of the Emperor Domiziano, going to Via Zanardelli.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Piazza di Spagna
End location: Downtown Rome
Duration: 3 hours
- My private guidance for the entire duration of the tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - Souvenirs, meals and drinks (per person price)
- Any kind of transportation
- Meals and drinks
All my tours can be customized according to your needs, so contact me for any information!