Private and Personal Historic Driving Tour shore excursion from Edinburgh or Glasgow
You will hear about the renowned King of the Scots Robert the Bruce, and the war of liberation he waged against the English occupation of Scotland. We will visit the famous Battle of Banockburn where the Bruce defeated Edward the second's army against all odds.
We visit many historical places associated with Robert The Bruce and used as filming locations in the critically acclaimed Netflix Movie starring Chris Pine. These will include Linlithgow Palace (also the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots) Doune Castle (which is also Castle Leoch in Outlander, Winterfell in Game of Thrones and the church in Monty Pythons Holy Grail) Craigmillar Castle, Dunfermline Abbey, Blackness Castle , St Michaels Parish Church and many more places of interest.
This is a private and personal tour and will include transfers from your hotel or Cruiseship Terminal.
- Battle of Banockburn
- Linlithgow Palace
- Doune Castle
- Craigmillar Castle,
- Dunfermline Abbey
- Blackness Castle ,
- St Michaels Parish Church
- And many more places of interest!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
- Eight seater luxurious minibus with Air Conditioning.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 GBP - Entrance Fees and incidentals
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
- My vehicle will comfortably seat eight adults.
- Older buildings in Scotland are historic buildings. They do not allow guides to give guided tours on the inside of buildings. Some examples are Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle and Rosslyn Chapel.