Visit one of the most spectacular Monasteries in the Balkans
Leave Sofia and travel the 125-km road through the countryside to the heart of Rila Mountains - the highest mountain in Bulgaria.
In the courtyard you will see The Watch Tower, The Church with murals of the most notorious Bulgarian painters of the 19th century.
Inside the church, you will see the biggest iconostasis in the Balkans, the grave of the last Bulgarian King and much more.
- Departure from Sofia South West direction and hitting the motorway to Blagoevgrad
- Travel through picturesque landscapes and small sleepy villages while your guide explains about Bulgaria's agriculture, wildlife and way of living
- See the miraculous icon of the Blessed Virgin (approx. 12th century), which keeps relics of 32 saints, one of them of Mary Magdalene
- If weather allows have a walk in the pristine beech forest of Rila Monastery Nature Park
- Taste true organic masterfully prepared Bulgarian delicacies
- On the way back - visit Stob's Pyramids a natural formation
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
private 4 seat air-conditioned vehicle
Estimated Local Cash Needed
70 BGN - Entry tickets
Optional lunch, drinks and souvenirs
-I am not a Mountain Guide.
-My van can fit up to 7 people, but for greater comfort, please inquire for a bigger one.
-I am permitted to guide only in English, Russian and Bulgarian.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
He is extremely knowledgeable about the history of Bulgaria and was able to answer all our questions and bring the history of the area through which we were travelling alive for us. We had along drive and he was an excellent driver and enthusiastic commentator while he drove. A great guide , a great person and a credit to your company. We will be back!!