Visit the most remarkable sights connected with Jewish heritage in Riga with a private guide.
Walking tour to important places connected with Jewish heritage and history in Riga. Visit the Peitav Shul synagogue which survived the Nazi period and, as the one and only synagogue in Riga, is still in use today. The tour includes visits of Jewish Ghetto Museum and area of Maskavas Forshtate - the district with its unique wooden housing, where the Ghetto once was located. Visit one of the most important memorial places with monument to Jewish savers - the previous Old Choral Synagogue.
Drive to Bikernieki Forest- the biggest mass murders place with 55 mass graves, where from 1941 - 1944 approximately 35000 people were killed, among them 20000 were Jewish.
Continue with the visit of Rumbula, where 25, 500 people were shot. Continue the way to Zanis Lipke Memorial - house where more than 50 Jews were saved from the death by hiding them in a bunker specially designed under the house.
- Pick up at centrally located hotel or as agreed.
- Walking to Peitav Shu Synagogue, Jewish Ghetto Museum.
- Drive to Bikernieki Forest (20-30 min) and visit Memorial.
- Drive to Rumbula Forest (20-30 min) and visit Rumbula Memorial.
- Drive to Zanis Lipke Memorial (20min) and visit memorial.
- Drop off at centrally located hotel or as agreed.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your centrally located hotel lobby.
End location: At your centrally located hotel lobby.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
Walking and driving by comfortable minivan (7+1seats) Hyundai-H1 with leather seating, AC.
We have seating and space to accommodate 4 travelers comfortably. We can accommodate up to 6 travelers with reduced space in the vehicle, so please contact me for details.
- Professional licensed English speaking guide.
- Pick up and drop off from the centrally located hotel.
- Comfortable minivan (7+1seats) with leather seats, AC.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 EUR - Entrance fees and donations at synagogue, Jewish Ghetto Museum and Zanis Lipke Museum.
- Any snacks and drinks
- Entrance fees and donations at synagogue, Jewish Ghetto Museum and Zanis Lipke Museum.
Synagogue and Jewish Ghetto Museum is closed on Saturdays.
Zanis Lipke Museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
I am a licensed guide, and have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our Jewish Heritage tour with Santa was outstanding. Santa was very knowledgeable about any questions we had and did not rush us at any point—including when we wanted to stop for photos. The tour itself was quite somber as we learned more about the Jewish population during WWII but we knew ahead of time that it would be like that. Afterwards, Santa took us on a tour of the Old Town and pointed out the highlights for us. We would recommend the tour and Santa to anyone who is interested.