Rainbow Mountain Hike 1Day
The Rainbow Mountain tour in Peru is one of the best alternatives and greatest options for a day tour, an extra day in Cusco will make a difference if you choose to go into the Rainbow Mountain tour, this is a new attraction that had captivated the people, the views, the scenery, the beauty is just difficult to describe, our Rainbow Mountain tour is an authentic experience and unique opportunity to enjoy the Andes and the Ausangate mountain majesty. The magical environment of the Vinincunca Mountain became the most beautiful day hike in all Peru and South America.
I will go to pick you up at your hotel, we will start our tour by driving all the way to the south of Cusco, after about 3 hours following the asphalt road, and then 1 hour following a road until we get to the head trail. we will get great views of the valleys, small villages, local people, alpacas and llamas on the Way.
From this point at 3950m, we will start our walk with a small and gentle walk, them We will start walking up for a few minutes in a switchback, finally, We will get to the first high point, from this place, we will walk for about an hour enjoy the majesty of the mountain, finally the big uphill in front of us, the ascend will take us about 40 minutes at a slow pace, finally We will get into the small lakes, from there we will get the view of the Rainbow Mountain just 1 more hour and we will have the most spectacular view in the Andes.
After we enjoyed the view of the Rainbow Mountain, We will walk down back to the head trail and take the van back to Cusco
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will go to your hotel to meet you. from there I will pick you up very early in the morning the day of the hike.
End location: We will finish at your hotel in Cusco at the end of the Rainbow mountain hike.
Duration: 10 hours
The Full day of the rainbow mountain is really challenging and physically demanding, I suggest to be at least 2 days in advance in Cusco.
This tour will take about 10 hours on average and it worthed to get to the Rainbow Mountain.
this tour starts the very early morning in order to guarantee great weather conditions.
*trekking in the hike for about 4 hours round trip.
*Weather is unpredictable so be prepared for different conditions.
*There are bigger cars available and that you're happy to provide a quote.
• Professional Bilingual English speaking tour guide
• Pick up from your hotel and transportation to the Head trail
• Return transportation from the Rainbow mountain to your Cusco hotel
• Entrance fee to Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Moray.
• One breakfast, one lunch box, if the group is 4 or more I will provide a lunch and breakfast prepared by an incredible chef and assistant chef.
• Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 Peruvian Soles - You will need to have some extra money if you wish to hire a personal horse or if you want to buy some small souvenirs.
I highly suggest that you bring with you:
• Water (recommend at least 2L)
• Rain jacket/poncho
• Winter hat and gloves
• Rain pants
• Sunblock (factor 35+ recommended, the sun can be strong)
• Sunglasses and sun hat
• Camera with spare batteries (no. batteries run down faster at high altitudes)
• Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
• The emergency horse will be provided if the customer requests.
• Travel /Health/Emergency Insurance
I do not have any restrictions in regard to my guiding, I can offer a full range of experiences.
I can drive during tours but I think is better for me to hire or arrange a driver and vehicle for the tours so you can enjoy the tour much better.