Discover Old Quebec in your driving and walking private tour
I invite you to explore the most French city in North America! You will see, hear and feel the history of Quebec City - the cradle of future Canada.
Who were the first Europeans to discover these lands?
Who did they meet and how they were received?
What was the difference between the conquistadors in South America and the explorers of North America?
Why people on both continents lived for centuries without knowing about each other?
How a 20-minute battle changed the history of the whole continent?
Chateau Frontenac is the most photographed hotel in the world. Whose idea was to construct it? What for?
Why there is a goat in the Citadel?
Are there diamonds in Cap Diamant?
What is there so special at Place Royale?
Are you eager to breathe the air of history and to find out the answers? Then, book this tour - I am here to guide you. Besides, the maps and the pictures I use will help you to understand and to imagine all the events.
- Plains of Abraham, where a 20-minute battle changed the history of the whole continent;
- Parliament Building (in 2017 we celebrated 225 years of Parliament system in Canada) and Tourny Fountain;
- Chateau Frontenac - one of the most beautiful and famous hotels in the world, which received King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, Alfred Hitchcock and many other prominent guests;
- Dufferin Terrace with its great Saint-Laurence River view;
- Basilica Notre-Dame-de-Quebec with its Saint Door - the only one on the continent;
- Place Royale where, in 1608, Quebec City was found
- Petit Champlain
And other places.
If you wish to prolong the tour, please inquire for a customized tour.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
Transfer from the airport to the hotel - 1 hour.
Walking and driving tour - 2 hours.
Comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes R-550, 5 (max. 6) passengers + driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3 CAD - Funicular fee
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Elena gave us an excellent tour of Quebec City . She was very well informed and great fun to be with. She is passionate about her job and it shows ! Couldn't recommend her more highly.