Visit Old Quebec and Montmorency Falls in your driving and walking private tour
Is this your first time in Quebec City? You will surely appreciate the most French city in Canada and USA! You will see, hear and feel the history of Quebec City - the cradle of future Canada.
Together, we will discover North America with Jacques Cartier; we will see and find out a lot of interesting things, such as:
How did the French treat the local people?
How were developing with time the relations between them?
How big was New France in 17th and 18th centuries?
What gifts did Québec City receive for its 400-year Anniversary?
Why did UNESCO included Quebec City on the World Heritage List?
Are there diamonds in Cap Diamant?
What is there so special at Notre-Dame de Quebec?
How did Montmorency Falls mark the history of Quebec?
Are you eager to breathe the air of history and to find out the answers? Then, book this tour - I am here to guide you. Besides, the maps and the pictures I use will help you understand and imagine all these events.
- Place Royale where, in 1608, Quebec City was found
- Petit Champlain
- Chateau Frontenac - one of the most beautiful and famous hotels in the world, which received King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill, Alfred Hitchcock and many other prominent guests;
- Dufferin Terrace with its great Saint-Laurence River view;
- Basilica Notre-Dame-de-Quebec with its Saint Door - the only one on the continent;
- Plains of Abraham, where a 20-minute battle changed the history of the whole continent;
- Parliament Building (in 2017 we celebrated 225 years of Parliament system in Canada) and Tourny Fountain;
- Montmorency Falls (30 meters higher than Niagara Falls)
For a prolonged tour or for seeing more places, please inquire for a customised tour.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cruise Ship Port or any other location of your choice
End location: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Restaurant or any other location of your choice
Duration: 4 hours
Comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes R-550, 5 (max. 6) passengers + driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 CAD - 3 $ per person - Old Quebec Funicular fee
~15 $ per vehicle - Montmorency Falls Park parking fee
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Elena was a fun and knowledgeable guide and very well prepared. Her emphasis on history might be overwhelming for some. She adjusted our plan very well when our ship docked at a different pier and the weather was not conducive to a mostly walking tour.