Although I am a native of Strasbourg (Alsace), where I was a guide, especially for ToursByLocals, I studied three years in Trois-Rivières (Québec) and I now live for several years near Lévis (Québec).
This is what you can expect from my tours:
- a friendly tour,
- a good overview of the place, without going too fast,
- a brief overview of the local history,
- learn about amusing anecdotes, little stories that give the flavor of the place,
- understand the political issues,
- learn many things about the French-Canadian culture (gastronomy, language, customs, architecture. . . ),
- answers to your questions and some tips about the good spots.
I'm not just a tour guide. I am also on the board of a local historical society and I am a beekeeper. I was an amateur oarsman (sweep and sculling) in Strasbourg and now I'm an indoor rower. During Winter I work for the Hotel de Glace (ice hotel) as a guide and night guide.
A Recent Review of this guide
Our tour was amazing!! 5 stars all the way! Xavier was very friendly, on time and very accommodating to our needs. We are so happy that we chose this tour! Highly recommended! What a great person Xavier is! Thank you Xavier for an experience we will not forget!!
Member of the local professional guides association.
Member of the board of a local historical society.