Born and raised in Mexico City, living in Cancun since 1999
I am mexican born with european ancestors from Belgium and Austria, and with a great passion for Mexican Culture and Nature.
Father in a 4 members family (wife and 2 sons)
Family, Traveling, Reading, Music (I am a violin player myself), outdoors activities, photography, among others
I have being guiding tours in Mexico since 2001
I love to provide my guests with a memorable experience that exceeds their expectations, showing the richness in Culture & Nature Mexico has to offer, always at their own rhythm and pace. Always safe routes and completely reliable.
I am specialized in the Mayan World (5 states: Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Campeche, Tabasco and Chiapas). Also guide tours in Mexico City and its surrounding states.
Also know well starting in Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
I am based in Cancun / Riviera Maya.
I have some example tours, but I can always adjust to your desires or design a Taylor Tour for you; It can be a Half Day, a 1 Day Tour or a Multidays Tour.
Some of the places we visit are:
Archaeological sites of:
• Chichen Itza
• Ek Balam
• Ruta Puuc, Sayil, Labna & Kabah
• Templo Mayor (Mexico City)
• Monte Alban
Important & Colonial Cities
• Mexico City
• Bacalar lagoon
• Isla Mujeres
• Isla Holbox
• Magnificent Haciendas (Old & restored as luxury hotels)
• Old churchs and Convents
• Beautiful Cenotes & Caverns
• World Heritage Sites
• National Parks, Biosphere Reserves and Protected Areas as Sian Ka'an, Calakmul, Cañon del Sumidero
• Mayan Communities
• Wildlife observation
• Whale shark tours
• Flamingos and birds observation at Celestun and Ría Lagartos
• Snorkeling tours in Coral reefs or Cenotes
• Scuba diving in coral reefs, shipwrecks and underground rivers
* Mexican and Regional Gastronomy!
Other services upon request:
Assistance in english, spanish and french for Airport Reception, Car Rentals, Tours Bookings, Hotels Check Ins, or other enquiries.
I usually guide driving my own 1st class comfortable A/C tourism Van.
I enjoy sharing my deep knowledge of this magical land and its fascinating history, as well as our local legends and historical events. I will also assist you in any arrangements for accommodations, dining and shopping.
Fair rates, with no hidden or unexpected fees.
I am very honored to welcome you to the Best of Mexico!
A Recent Review of this guide
Both Erhard and the driver (his son) are very nice and friendly with good English so that we can communicate without hassle. From the pickup to drop off, they helped us with our luggages. Erhard didnt rush us in every points of interest so that we can enjoy our time and the beautiful scenery. For sure, we will recommend him to our friends who will be traveling to Cuba in the future.
- Certified as a Tour Guide by the Mexican Ministry of Tourism
- University Major Degree in Tourism Management
- Certified as basic Paramedic by the Red Cross (Not officially active)
- Certified as Professional Life Guard by the Red Cross (Not officially active)
- Speleologist, Parachutist & Scuba Diver
- Tourism Drivers License
I am a certified guide, and have no restrictions.