Born and raised in Mexico City, living in Cancun since 1999
I am mexican born with european ancestors from Belgium and Austria, and with a great passion for Mexican Culture and Nature.
Father in a 4 members family (wife and 2 sons)
Family, Traveling, Reading, Music (I am a violin player myself), outdoors activities, photography, among others
I have being guiding tours in Mexico since 2001
I love to provide my guests with a memorable experience that exceeds their expectations, showing the richness in Culture & Nature Mexico has to offer, always at their own rhythm and pace. Always safe routes and completely reliable.
I am specialized in the Mayan World (5 states: Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Campeche, Tabasco and Chiapas). Also guide tours in Mexico City and its surrounding states.
Also know well starting in Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca and Chiapas.
I am based in Cancun / Riviera Maya.
I have some example tours, but I can always adjust to your desires or design a Taylor Tour for you; It can be a Half Day, a 1 Day Tour or a Multidays Tour.
Some of the places we visit are:
Archaeological sites of:
• Chichen Itza
• Ek Balam
• Ruta Puuc, Sayil, Labna & Kabah
• Templo Mayor (Mexico City)
• Monte Alban
Important & Colonial Cities
• Mexico City
• Bacalar lagoon
• Isla Mujeres
• Isla Holbox
• Magnificent Haciendas (Old & restored as luxury hotels)
• Old churchs and Convents
• Beautiful Cenotes & Caverns
• World Heritage Sites
• National Parks, Biosphere Reserves and Protected Areas as Sian Ka'an, Calakmul, Cañon del Sumidero
• Mayan Communities
• Wildlife observation
• Whale shark tours
• Flamingos and birds observation at Celestun and Ría Lagartos
• Snorkeling tours in Coral reefs or Cenotes
• Scuba diving in coral reefs, shipwrecks and underground rivers
* Mexican and Regional Gastronomy!
Other services upon request:
Assistance in english, spanish and french for Airport Reception, Car Rentals, Tours Bookings, Hotels Check Ins, or other enquiries.
I usually guide driving my own 1st class comfortable A/C tourism Van.
I enjoy sharing my deep knowledge of this magical land and its fascinating history, as well as our local legends and historical events. I will also assist you in any arrangements for accommodations, dining and shopping.
Fair rates, with no hidden or unexpected fees.
I am very honored to welcome you to the Best of Mexico!
A Recent Review of this guide
We had a fantastic day with Erhard. He is incredibly knowledgeable about Mayan culture and Mexican history! We highly recommend him as a tour guide, and we will definitely use his services again when we return to Mexico. Thank you again Erhard for a wonderful day.
- Certified as a Tour Guide by the Mexican Ministry of Tourism
- University Major Degree in Tourism Management
- Certified as basic Paramedic by the Red Cross (Not officially active)
- Certified as Professional Life Guard by the Red Cross (Not officially active)
- Speleologist, Parachutist & Scuba Diver
- Tourism Drivers License
I am a certified guide, and have no restrictions.