Tour of Dingle, Slea Head and Great Blasket Centre on Dingle Peninsula
The tour will visit Dingle stopping initially at Inch Beach on the Atlantic Ocean, and continuing on to Slea Head taking in the landscape and ruggedness of the rocky outcrops and cliffs, the hills and mountains with ancient Beehive Huts and the remains of stone-walled enclosures or Clochán's dating from the Early Christian Period.
Looking west at The Great Blasket Islands will be a visit to the Great Blasket Centre in Dún Chaoin followed by a stop at Kilmalkedar Church and Monastic site.
A visit to Louis Mulcahy Pottery where you will find the best Irish hand-made pottery and weaving including woven scarves, throws and wall hangings and then on to the town of Dingle world renowned for it's fishing port and marina, restaurants, music, pubs, theatres, arts and crafts and the Irish language.
9. 00am Pick up at your accommodation, continuing with a scenic drive to Dingle stopping at Inch Beach for photo-op and restroom visit.
10. 45am-11. 30am Slea Head Drive, stopping at The Beehive Huts, and hold a baby lamb with Aodhán.
11. 30am-1. 30pm The Great Blasket Island Centre, view audio of life on the Great Blasket.
1. 30pm-2. 30pm Kilmalkedar Church and Monastic Sites
2. 30pm-4. 30pm Lunch and Walkabout Dingle town, the marina, art galleries & pubs.
4. 30pm-5. 00pm Return journey to Killarney and drop-off at accommodation
* For larger groups I can hire a mini-coach or bus with driver that will accommodate up to 50 people. Contact me for a quote based on your numbers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Collection from hotel or B&B accommodation in Killarney
End location: Drop-off at hotel or B&B accommodation in Killarney
Duration: 8 hours
Luxury Mercedes Benz E Class Touring Car
All transport costs such as vehicle and fuel, professional driver, private tour guiding services, all administration, tour planning, and insurance.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
12 Euro - Lunch
Lunch & Admission charges to attractions
I am not restricted access to any Historical or Heritage sites in Kerry. However, State owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We highly recommend Mary and this trip. Mary pays attention to the particular interest we had on this trip and accommodated us.