Come and See a Fairytale Town, part of UNESCO Sites
I would like to invite you to a fairy tale town: Český Krumlov (situated 170 km from Prague), which has been part of the UNESCO cultural and natural heritage since 1992.
The town is situated in Southern Bohemia in a romantic area of ponds with beautiful countryside along the river Vltava. There are 300 historical houses in the center and the second largest castle in the Czech Republic with magnificent baroque gardens. There you will see an unique theatre with a rotating auditorium.
The castle used to be the home to famous aristocratic families - the Rosenberg's, Eggenberg's and Schwarzenberg's. The oldest baroque theatre in the world is part of the castle as well. The historical city center has preserved its medieval atmosphere and picturesque narrow streets. You will find lovely little shops with handmade souvenirs as well.
- Pick up at your hotel in Prague
- Around 2. 5 hour drive through the beautiful countryside of Southern Bohemia (Czech Republic). Short stop in Ceske Budejovice (Budweiss) to taste original the "Budweiser" beer. Then we continue for another 30 minutes to our destination. We should reach Cesky Krumlov.
- Following, a guided tour through its charming, medieval streets and the castle
- We will have lunch in a local tavern
- Then you'll get some "time off" so you can stroll around this breathtaking place, or do some shopping on your own
- Our group will meet again and start heading back for Prague.
- Around 2. 5 hour drive back to your hotel in Prague.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel, or address in Prague.
End location: At your hotel, or address in Prague.
Duration: 10 hours
Late model Mercedes Benz, 6 passenger, air-conditioned van and some limited walking.
In order to maximize everyone's space and comfort, the tour has been set for 4 people. But, I can accommodate up to 6 people in the vehicle. Please contact me for the details.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 CZK - Admissions for Cesky Krumlov Castle, food and drinks.
As a licensed guide, I have no restrictions.