Memorable and enjoyable trip through the California Countryside
Leaving from Sacramento, this customized adventurous tour journeys across the western slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It will allow you to go back in time and visit the old west and see the beauty and stunning scenery of the California mother lode region.
We'll walk through the beautiful underground Mercer Cavern, visit the historic picturesque town of Murphys, experience the Giant Sequoia's of Calaveras Big Trees State Park and see the living historic gold rush town of Columbia.
Then on to breathtaking Yosemite, from the waterfalls and mountains, to the forests and wildlife, you are sure to find something that everyone in your group will love. A typical day can include a short, easy hike to Yosemite falls, or a moderate hike up the granite rock staircase to Vernal falls. Relax in El Capitan meadow with a pair of binoculars and watch the pros scaling its daunting granite face. The valley options are numerous and we will find the activities that best suit you.
- Sacramento hotel or prearranged pick-up location
- Mercer Caverns
- City of Murphys for lunch
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Columbia State Historic Park
- California foothill or Yosemite area hotel for check-in
- Ironstone Vineyard & Museum
- Railtown 1897 State Park "The Movie Railroad"
- Spend the day in Yosemite Valley
Choices in the valley:
- Nature walks, swimming, 16 hiking trails in the valley
- Happy Isles nature center, Yosemite Valley visitor center
- Ranger led walks and talks
- Camera walks with Ansel Adams gallery staff photographers
- Lunch in the valley
- Return to your Sacramento Hotel or prearranged location
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 2 days
Due to the weather or traffic the length of the tour may vary slightly.
Adding additional activities will also lengthen our trip.
Comfortable air-conditioned Chevrolet Tahoe.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
400 USD - Mercer Caverns guided walking tour.
- Meals along the route and in Yosemite, options exist in different price ranges.
- 1 nights accommodation. This is a popular park in the summer, most accommodations sell out well in advance.
I am not allowed to guide inside some state museums, state parks etc. due to local restrictions, but I will accompany you. Pets may not be welcome as they are not allowed on trails inside many park areas.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our family trip-3 sisters, a son & a husband-to Yosemite for 2 nights & S Lake Tahoe for 2 nights was memorable & enjoyable. John planned & guided us to different places leading to our main destinations. We took our time visiting places-caverns, tastings, old towns, museums to name a few. John planned to see points of interest designed to our liking. He would follow our preferences, make suggestions, took us places to eat, all in tune with our palates. Will definitely ask for John again as our guide. xxx