No lines, enjoy fountains, gardens, market and a picnic in the parc
On this adventure you'll see a lot more than what the average visitor to Versailles, spend less time in transport, get to enjoy the leisurely bike ride with a picnic in the gardens and you don't have to get up super early like with most Versailles day tours.
- 9:45am Meet in Montparnasse area to start and get the bikes
- Train ride on non touristy fast train (12 min)
- Guided tour of the musical fountains and groves (on fountains days)
- The city of Versailles & its award winning market: wine, cheese and baguette!
- Picnic at the Grand Canal
- Guided tour of Petit Trianon
- Guided tour of Marie-Antoinnette's hamlet, discover some secret places!
- Grand Trianon
- Bike in the royal gardens and along the Grand Canal
- Guided tour of the Château de Versailles + skip-the-line entrance
The tour is 8/9 hours and ends in Montparnasse a very nice place for your dinner or apéro after the tour.
Meet in Montparnasse around 10am, train to Versailles from where we bike through the city of Versailles, visit the market of the city of Versailles. On the musical fountains day we will start with an one hour tour of the fountains and prettiest groves (11-12).
We will visit the Petit Trianon, Grand Trianon, hamlet of Marie-Antoinnette, the Grand Canal, royal gardens and have lunch (pic nic or restaurant).
Around 3pm/4pm we can visit the main palace after most of the crowds are gone. After that we can cycle through the district of Saint Louis back to the station and then back to Paris.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Suggested by Guide: Metro Gaite or pernety or directly at bike rental.
Duration: 8 hours
Duration can be 9 hours.
Train, bike and foot
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 euro - - per person fee for bike/train/tickets to be reimbursed on the tour in cash or paypal
- purchases at the market and at the souvenir shop
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
No car tours! Paris is best visited like a local: by foot, bike and public transportation.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Enjoyed our bike tour of Versailles with Susan. As it was a Saturday morning she was able to astutely guide us through the fountain gardens thereby maximizing our visit. Following the Gardens we hiked into town where Susan aided in our selection of cheeses, wine and bread for our leisurely picnic lunch near the lake. No trip to Versailles would be complete without a tour of the Palace. Susan was knowledgeable in the French history and monarchy. Very accommodating and friendly guide.