Seeing the whole domain in a relaxed way and enjoying the nature and fresh air
!! in August this tour is available for a max of 4 persons !!
This days adventure takes you to:
- Guided tour of the musical fountains and most beautiful groves (on Tue and Sat/Sun in summer)
- The city of Versailles with its market
- Picnic at the Grand Canal (or brasserie or restaurant if you wish)
- Guided tour of Petit Trianon
- Guided tour of Marie-Antoinnette's hamlet
- Grand Trianon
- Bike in the royal gardens and along the Grand Canal
- Guided tour of the Château de Versailles + skip-the-line entrance
We'll get the bikes in Paris, hop in the train for a 12 minute train ride and then we hop on our bikes to enjoy Versailles' domain. You'll see a lot more than what the average visitor to Versailles will see, spend less time in transport and you'll have a lot of fun!
At the end of the tour (7pm) you can have dinner in the Montparnasse area.
Conditions: feel comfortable biking in a city and take a bike in the train
Meet in Montparnasse, train to Versailles from where we bike through the city of Versailles, visit the market of the city of Versailles. On the musical fountains day we will start with an one hour tour of the fountains and prettiest groves.
We will visit the Petit Trianon, Grand Trianon, hamlet of Marie-Antoinnette, the Grand Canal, royal gardens and have lunch (pic nic or restaurant).
Around 3pm/4pm we can visit the main palace after most of the crowds are gone. After that we can cycle through the district of Saint Louis back to the station and then back to Paris.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Bike rental in Montparnasse or metro gaité / pernety.
End location: Bike rental Montparnasse
Duration: 8 hours
Duration can be 9 hours. Ideal starting time is 10 am at the bike rental Montparnasse
Train, bike and foot
- Bike rental for whole day
- Skip the line reservation for chateau and ticket
- Ticket for Marie-Antoinette's hamlet and Petit/ Grand Trianon
- In weekends until end of Oct grands eaux musicales (fountain show)
- My service and knowledge as your personal guide for the day
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euro - Lunch, expenses at market, orange jus or water
- Purchases on the market / lunch / drinks and in gift shop
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was by far the BEST way to see Versailles. This is a full day tour! Suzanne was very personable and a wealth of information. She kept detailed notes of every room we walked through and was able to answer all our questions. It would have been impossible to see all we did if on foot. So glad we picked this tour. A picnic lunch along the canal, riding through the village, seeing M Antoinette's home: so much more than just a visit to the Palace. A must tour, if you like bike riding!