Explore the beauty of the ancient Asian exquisite gardens and canal boat trip and enjoy the unique folk music performance
Reputed as the "Venice of Orient" and well known for its resplendent gardens and beautiful scenery, Suzhou is a city of canals, hump-backed bridges, and low, white washed houses. Over 100 surviving ancient gardens are scattered in the urban area. In 1997 the classical gardens including Humble Administrator's Garden was added to the list of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It is home to various schools of literature, painting and music, including Kunqu Opera (listed as one of the UNESCO's first batch 19 masterpieces of oral and intangible cultural heritage in 2001) and Suzhou Ballad Singing, making an important part of Chinese art and culture.
In this tour, you will discover the beautiful scenery splendor, learn about the Chinese gardening art and enjoy the unique folk music.
- Pick you up in the hotel lobby.
- Take a fast train to Suzhou
- Visit the Humble Admistrator's Garden, one of the most outstanding ancient gardens in China
- Visit the ancient Pingjiang Street
- Cruise the river along the ancient town and enjoy a short folk performance
- Get back to the railway station to Shanghai.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel lobby, Airport, or Cruise Ship Port (the place to be confirmed).
End location: Hotel lobby,
Cruise Ship Port,
(the place to be confirmed)
Duration: 9 hours
- Bullet train from Shanghai to Suzhou.
- Private van from hotel to train station, and during the Suzhou tour.
- Excellent English speaking tour guide service
- Fast train tickets (within 30min ride)
- Private transportation to the train station, and in Suzhou
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300 RMB - 200-300RMB/person for meal depending on the restaurant recommended.
Scenic spots tickets and Meals.
I am not a driver guide but work with excellent chauffeurs if you would like me to arrange a car for your tour. I am also more than happy to walk, take subways, bullet trains and riverboats as appropriate!