The perfect introduction to Heidelberg and it's history .....
This tour is the best way to get acquainted life in Heidelberg today & it's long & fascinating history. We will visit;
- The University - founded in 1386, it's the oldest in all Germany
- 'Haupstrasse' - the Main Street & longest pedestrianised St. in Europe.
- 'Old Bridge' over the River Neckar & symbol of Romance.
- Ancient Churches - Protestant & Catholic.
- Martin Luther - and the Square where spoke out against Catholic excesses
- University Library - see the 'Codex Manesse', one of the world's oldest books.
- Relax in a local, cosy cafe with home made Cake.
- Tour Heidelberg Castle - enjoy panoramic views of the Old Town & Rhine Valley.
- Admire the Castle Courtyard & learn about the famous French invasion of 1689.
- Be amazed by the biggest wine barrel in the world in the Castle Wine Cellar.
- Enjoy the legendary Garden - the 8th World Wonder.
NB. A range of very pleasurable boat trips on the River Neckar can also be arranged.
Shorters tours of 2 hrs & 3 hrs are also possible. Please ask
Visit to the famous Heidelberg Castle and Garden, including panoramic views of the whole city and region. Plus the old student prison, the beautiful market squares, the old town and many interesting sites on the way.
Shorter city tour (2hrs & 3hrs) are also possible . . . .
Or would you like to:
-visit some local breweries or tour a Heidelberg microbrewery?
-eat a meal in an authentic old style German restaurant?
-walk along the historic "Philosopher's Walk"in the steps of Goethe and other famous German philosophers.
- enjoy a private wine-tasting session in the exclusive setting of the Heidelberg castle wine cellar.
Everything is possible - you just have to ask . . . . . .
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection
Duration: 4 hours
I offer 20% discount for all school trips.
They might also prefer a shorter 2/3 hr tour.
I can also offer shorter tours. From 1.5 hrs - 4 hrs.
Walking. Funicular railway to castle ( optional)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
No cash is needed for this tour
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Henry was informative and fun to spend time with. We definitely recommend his guide services in Heidelberg.