a Half Day Tour with a Private Guide
Rising eight meters high, the laterite wall measures 3x3km and guards many treasures inside, protected by a moat still flooded today. You will enter the ancient city through its South Gate. In the very centre lies the temple of Bayon - silent witnesses of time, the 216 enigmatic faces gaze over the horizon and one can only wonder what they have seen throughout the ages. Your guide will point out the best angles for photography here and give explanation of the many intricate carvings on the walls of the galleries.
You will then continue to Baphuon with its long causeway and an impressive giant Reclining Buddha, a jigsaw puzzle only put back together in 2011 following a 37 year-long disruption caused by the war. Phimeanakas is hiding in the shaded jungle and offers a decent over-the-tree-tops view to those who conquer the steep steps to the top. Continuing along the Esplanade of the Royal Palace more commonly known as the Terrace of the Elephants.
• Sites you will visit:
-Terrace of the Elephants
-Giant enigmatic faces
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel
End location: Back to hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Private transportation with A/C
- An English Speaking Tourist Guide
- Private Transportation with A/C
- 2 bottles of pure drinking water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
45 USD 1 = 4000 RIEL - Temple Pass
• I am not a driver, but my driven tours will include a private driver
• Children under 12 must show passport to the temple ticket controllers
• I am not a doctor or a nurse but I always have a first aid kits in my bag.