I offer private custom tours all around Iceland. I always try to do something special and different with my guests, something more and different than the tourist buses.
I can also take you to other places according to your ideas and requests. If you haven't decided what you want to do in Iceland then I would love to make some suggestions based on your ideas.
Please notice that I can organize all kinds of private custom tours for smaller and bigger groups in Reykjavik or further afield for a multiple day travel so please don't hesitate to contact me with any question you might have.
What Kind of Vehicle Do I have?
My vehicle is a Ford Econoline van E350 with a trailer for luggage if needed. The Ford is a 4x4, a big vehicle with space for up to nine persons, five comfortable seats and space for four on the back bench. The vehicle has been modified for Icelandic conditions so it is a bit higher than most Fords since it has 35" tires. I have a plastic step to help you up or down from the car but please be careful when you go in or out of the car.
My Ford Econoline is a big vehicle that gives a chance to travel into the wilderness. When traveling in this car we can cross glacial rivers and drive some of the backroads, even going to places where others don't go. Please remember that I love to do something different and special with you.
I have a small cooler to use in the van when and if needed. Ideal to cool the champagne if you have something to celebrate! Please book the fridge beforehand, I don't take it automatically with me. I can also fill it up with water, beer and soft drinks for a modest fee.
If you have a bigger group then I can also rent a bigger vehicle (bus) with a separate driver for up to 70 people or a smaller family car if you prefer.
Please remember that you are always traveling at your own risk.
A Recent Review of this guide
Gudrun is a great tour guide. Created a custom tour for us that we loved.
* Fully licensed as tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board.
* Guide examination from the University of Iceland's Open University (EHI).
* Northern lights course for guides and other guiding courses at EHI (University of Iceland).
* Glacier 1, course for glacier walking guides.
* University education in journalism, languages (Swedish and Finnish) and political science from University of Helsinki, Finland 1984-1991.
* First aid course.
* Professional driver's license. Licensed to drive vans, mini buses and big buses.
*Fully certified as a tour guide and tour operator from the authorities in Iceland.
* Reykjavik University's program: Digital Business and Marketing Online.
If you need to take your wheelchair or other special equipment with you then I might need to rent a special vehicle. Please let me know about this at the beginning of our communications.