I offer private custom tours, both day tours from Reykjavik and tours all around Iceland. I always try to do something special and different with my guests, something more and different than the tourist buses.
I love to take you to unique places according to your ideas and requests. If you haven't decided what you want to do in Iceland then it's easy for me to send you some suggestions.
My main vehicle is a Ford Econoline van E350 4x4 with a luggage trailer when and if needed. The Ford has good space for up to nine persons, five in comfortable captain seats and space for four on the back bench. The vehicle has been modified for Icelandic conditions and has 35" tires.
My Ford is a big vehicle that opens up the wilderness to us. When traveling we can cross glacial rivers and drive some of the dusty backroads, even going places where others don't go. I love to do something different and special with you.
I am also driving Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Hybrid 4x4, convenient for 1-3 persons.
I can easily accommodate smaller and bigger groups. PM for more information.
My vehicles are fully registered, insured and licensed from the road authorities and tourist authorities in Iceland.
Please remember that you are always traveling at your own risk.
A Recent Review of this guide
WOW! What a great guide. She met us inside the church and allowed us to see inside, telling us about the important Psalms that were written in Iceland. Gudrun was so willing to tailor our tour so that we didn't only eat, we learned the history along the way. The kids loved the storied of the Yule Lads and it really brought Icelandic culture to life. We felt that our friend was touring us around the city she loved.
* Fully licensed as tour operator by the Icelandic Tourist Board.
* Fully licensed as travel agent by the Icelandic Tourist Board.
* Guide examination from Iceland's guide schooling EHI, university level.
* Northern lights course for guides and other guiding courses at EHI (University of Iceland).
* Glacier 1, course for glacier walking guides.
* University education in journalism, languages (Swedish and Finnish) and political science from University of Helsinki, Finland 1984-1991.
* First aid course.
* Professional driver's license. Licensed to drive vans, mini buses and big buses.
* Reykjavik University's program: Digital Business and Marketing Online.
If you need to take your wheelchair or other special equipment with you then I might need to rent a special vehicle. Please let me know about this at the beginning of our communications.