I am 44 and belong to a generation whose younger years fell on the break between two ages. We found ourselves out of the Soviet nest and witnessed how a new world of new Russia gradually assumed a shape. "May you live in interesting times!", the Chinese joke. Why not?
Moscow is a marvelous city, and it's a great piece of luck to be a guide here. I started working in tourism to see the world. Worked as overseas rep in different countries, was a tourleader for Russian groups to Europe, headed office in India. After returning home, I am happy to repay a debt of thankfulness to people receiving guests from all over the world in my home town. Now I am joining the ToursByLocals team to meet you!
As you are planning your trip to Moscow let me give you some tips:
* Moscow is a truly huge city with long distances between sites so a vehicle would not be unnecessary thing;
* Kremlin is a town withing the town. There are so many things to see! and walk through all museums may exhaust you a bit. Better not to have big plans for later in the day unless you are very limited in time;
* Moscow river cruises on luxury Radisson boats are available all year around! Spectacular views and venue for dinner and some relaxation after sightseeing.
If you don't find a tour you are looking for, please don't hesitate to send me a message and I will tailor a customized tour to your preferences and individual pace.
Here are some books in English you may find interesting:
* Natasha's Dance by Orlando Figes (A cultural history of Russia)
* Former People by Douglas Smith (The Last days of the Russian Aristocracy)
Have a great time in Russia!
A Recent Review of this guide
Svetlana was everything we hoped and more. She suggested we meet her at our hotel and that was perfect. I hoped to see Lenin's Tomb although that was not planned. It was more amazing than I could imagine. Our tour of the Kremlin was magnificent. We had also hoped to visit St. Basils and Svetlana made sure we had the time to fit it in. Then she walked us right to our subway train so we would not miss the World Cup game we attended. We laughed a lot and had great political discussions.
Moscow tour guide accredited to guide in Kremlin and all top museums of the city ; MD in psychology from Moscow University of Psychology and Education