I am 44 and belong to a generation whose younger years fell on the break between two ages. We found ourselves out of the Soviet nest and witnessed how a new world of new Russia gradually assumed a shape. "May you live in interesting times!", the Chinese joke. Why not?
Moscow is a marvelous city, and it's a great piece of luck to be a guide here. I started working in tourism to see the world. Worked as overseas rep in different countries, was a tourleader for Russian groups to Europe, headed office in India. After returning home, I am happy to repay a debt of thankfulness to people receiving guests from all over the world in my home town. Now I am joining the ToursByLocals team to meet you!
As you are planning your trip to Moscow let me give you some tips:
* Moscow is a truly huge city with long distances between sites so a vehicle would not be unnecessary thing;
* Kremlin is a town withing the town. There are so many things to see! and walk through all museums may exhaust you a bit. Better not to have big plans for later in the day unless you are very limited in time;
* Moscow river cruises on luxury Radisson boats are available all year around! Spectacular views and venue for dinner and some relaxation after sightseeing.
If you don't find a tour you are looking for, please don't hesitate to send me a message and I will tailor a customized tour to your preferences and individual pace.
Here are some books in English you may find interesting:
* Natasha's Dance by Orlando Figes (A cultural history of Russia)
* Former People by Douglas Smith (The Last days of the Russian Aristocracy)
Have a great time in Russia!
A Recent Review of this guide
Svetlana was just terrific - she spoke English very well and expertly navigated us through the vast Armoury exhibition. In addition, Svetlana is very personable and fun to be with, and she is very knowledgable about the Kremlin and Russian history. We took the tour with our adult children, and all of us had a great time. I highly recommend Svetlana!
Moscow tour guide accredited to guide in Kremlin and all top museums of the city ; MD in psychology from Moscow University of Psychology and Education