Fun Private Tour of the Old West & California Countryside
This customized adventurous tour is located on the western slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It will allow you to go back in time and visit the old west and see the beauty and stunning scenery of the California mother lode region.
Visit the giant sequoias of Calaveras Big Trees State Park, a Miwok village in Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park, the living historic gold rush town of Columbia, the "movie railroad" Railtown 1897 State Historic Park and walk through the beautiful underground Black Chasm Cavern.
I am available (additional cost) for airport pick-up with an overnight stay in Old Sacramento, a unique, 28-acre National Historic Landmark District and State Historic Park located along the beautiful Sacramento River. You will also be within walking distance of the S. F. Giants AAA Stadium, Raley Field.
- Sacramento hotel or prearranged pick-up location
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park
- Black Chasm Cavern National Natural Landmark
- City of Murphys for lunch and hotel check-in
- Calaveras Big Trees State Park
- Return to Murphy's for window shopping, wine tasting and dinner
- Hotel pick up
- Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
- Columbia State Historic Park (lunch)
- Ironstone Vineyards Heritage Museum
- Return to your Sacramento hotel or prearranged location
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: SACRAMENTO hotel, airport or prearranged pick-up location.
End location: SACRAMENTO hotel, airport or prearranged drop-off location.
Optional drop off in San Francisco (additional cost) is available. This option allows you to begin your adventure in Sacramento, enjoy the California Gold Country and continue your vacation in San Francisco.
Duration: 2 days
Due to the weather or traffic the length of the tour may vary slightly.
Adding additional activities will also lengthen our trip.
Comfortable air-conditioned Chevrolet Tahoe.
- My time & service as your local guide
- Transportation, fuel
- Bottled water
- State & National Park admission fees and permits
- Unlimited smiles
Estimated Local Cash Needed
160 USD - 20 USD - Black Chasm Cavern guided walking tour
140 USD - We will stop for meals along the route, Options exist in different price ranges.
- Lodging costs 200-400 USD (1 night) and would be determined in advance. I'd be happy to provide advice on options.
- Meals and drinks
- Souvenirs and/or Incidentals
GOLD COUNTRY OPTIONS: (additional cost)
- Horseback riding in the Sierra Mountain Wilderness
- Stage coach rides,
- Gold panning
- Additional museums
- The California Caverns at Cave City
- Mercer Caverns
- Moaning Caverns
- Winery and hard cider tasting
I am not allowed to guide inside museums, state parks etc. due to local restrictions.
Pets may not be welcome as they are not allowed on trails inside many park areas.