The Best of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Tomb Raider Temples
This full day tour comprises the "best of" South Gate. In the very centre lies the temple of Bayon - silent witnesses of time, the 216 enigmatic faces gaze over the horizon. You will then continue to Baphuon with its long causeway and an impressive giant Reclining Buddha, Phimeanakas is hiding in the shaded jungle and offers a decent over-the-tree-tops view to those who conquer the steep steps to the top. Continuing further, you can admire the Esplanade of the Terrace of the Elephants and Terrace of the Leper King. Having gained its 21st century fame from the Tomb Raider movie, the charming and iconic Ta Prohm features on most visitors' itineraries and rightfully so.
Your afternoon adventure will commence at the largest religious monument ever built - Angkor Wat. One can simply spend hours wandering in awe at the grandeur of this temple, its many levels and intricate carvings adorning the many galleries. Sunset atop of Phnom Bakheng with stunning vistas and tips of the five lotus Angkor Wat towers.
• Departure: Early morning
• Return: Evening
• Remarks: Basic level of fitness required, walking on uneven terrain, sturdy shoes recommended
• Sites you will visit: Angkor Thom, South Gate, Bayon, Baphuon, Phimeanakas, Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, Ta Prohm, Angkor Wat, Phnom Bakheng.
• Highlights: Architecture, history, nature, people, sunset views.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: You will be picked up at a hotel at 8:30 AM.
End location: Back to hotel
Duration: 9 hours
A private transportation with A/C
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 USD 1 = 4000 RIEL - The price of temple pass: USD 37 per person
The price of Lunch: USD 07 per person
• I am not a driver, but my driven tours will include a private driver
• Children under 12 must show passport to the temple ticket controllers
• I am not a doctor or a nurse but I always have a first aid kits in my bag.