Exploring Chisinau's History on Foot.
Chisinau is a city with a long and changing history. Its geographic location in the midst of powerful nations has frequently changed the culture depending on which nation was ruling here. Today, Chisinau is the capital of a former Soviet Rpublic but still retains some segments of its past history. This creates Chisinau's unique personality we see, today.
The tour points out the changes one sees in building design, street names, the impact of Chisinau's famous citizens and significant changes in religious buildings and the relious culture. The hitorical military and political battles that shaped the city will also be discussed. Many of which, still have an impact on Moldova and Chisinau, today.
The tour begins at the Radisson Blu Leogrand Hotel in the heart of Chisinau. The address is str. Mitropolit Varlaam.
1. The first stop is a short walk to str. Pushkin and a souvenier shop.
2. Next stop, Cathedral Park, one of the more recognizable and probably the most photographed place
in the city.
3. Our next stop brings us to Assembly Square. This is the place where political speeches and protests
4. A short distance away is the statue of Stephen the Great, Moldova's national hero.
5. Stephen the Great Park, with the Alley of writers.
6. Next we visit to the Pariament Building
7. We then walk to str. 31, of August 1989.
8. While on str. August 31, 1989, we will visit the National Museum of History.
9. A short distance away we will visit the Museum of Fine Ars.
10. Romanian-French High School
11. We then visit the Greek Orthodox Church.
12. A visit to City Hall
13. Next, we visit the historic Organ Hall.
14. Our last stop brings us to a unique craft market.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: We start at the Radisson Blu Leogrand Hotel in the heart of Chisinau.
Duration: 2 hours
Walking with some bus riding
- Guiding Services
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 MDL - Food, souvenirs, bus tickets, personal expenses
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks