See Stonehenge and a beautiful historic English Cathedral City with a private guide and chauffeur
We will see this world heritage site dating from Neolithic Stone Age, known far and wide. It is shrouded in mystery and myth. Leave London by Chauffeur driven car and guide and maximum convenience from your hotel departing early at 8:30 am. See this intriguing site and one of either three or four nearby ancient cities. Salisbury with its magnificent Gothic Cathedral dating from the 1220's and beautiful surrounding "close" occupied by the "clergy" and possessor of an original copy of the "Magna Carta". Alternatively press onto Bath (another world Heritage site), to see the Roman Baths. The local Abbey, and wonderful town centre architecture, a setting for Jane Austen's famous novels. Alternatively visit Oxford and its "dreaming spires" a world famous University Town with architecture dating from the mid 1200's. A final option is Winchester, with its own magnificent cathedral. If the tour party is 3 or less the pricing can be adjusted to account for lower numbers
1. 8. 30am Meet at your hotel and collected by air conditioned, chauffeur driven vehicle.
2. 8. 30am - 10:30am Travel to a medieval City (1000-1500 AD) e. g. Bath, Oxford, Salisbury.
3. 10. 30am - 14 30pm. A selected " cathedral city with a well earned lunch break. The guide (myself) can recommend places to eat en route. There is a well paced city "highlights" walking tour e. g. the "Magna Carta" if in Salisbury, or Bath. . . places associated with Jane Austen + her famous novels. Oxford has University colleges, architecture, history and educated and inspired many writers and film makers. J. R. R. Tolkien, CS Lewis, Evelyn Waugh, Philip Pullman. Locations for film version of J K Rowling's Harry Potter. It is famous for educating 13 prime ministers. There is the Bodleian Library, Ashmoleon Museum, Oxford Physic Garden, some fun Pubs, shops, architecture
5. Lunch - Drive to Stonehenge
6. 15. 30 - 17. 00 Stonehenge Site + exhibition
7. 17. 00 - 19. 30 Return to London and Hotel for early evening
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at Hotel lobby. The day will be a full one returning To London at the end of the tour for around 7:30pm. Important to make a prompt start in the morning due to "drive time" to Stonehenge or Cathedral City - approximately 2 -2.5hours.
End location: The customer will be returned to the pick up point unless otherwise agreed beforehand
Duration: 11 hours
Traffic on the roads can be unpredictable especially in the busy summer period. The guide and driver will be able to advise on the day of the tour in more detail
This trip will be by chauffeur driven car and guide. If the tour group is 3 or less a smaller vehicle can be used (usually Mercedes E class or similar). If Private chauffeured transport is required at least one week or more prior notice is necessary in peak holiday times to guarantee a vehicle
Chauffeur driven vehicle. Visitors are collected and returned to the customer Hotel in central London. All guiding services for the day. The day can be adjusted if desired depending on preferences, but this trip is an opportunity to see the beautiful English Countryside and some of its villages along the way. Larger groups of four or more have the benefit of Guide plus Chauffeur for maximum flexibility and comfort
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 pounds - Admission charges per person into Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral or one other alternative venue such as the Roman Baths in Bath.
You will have to budget for admission cost into Stonehenge or say an Oxford College. Full adult admission price per person is approximately £16/17 into Stonehenge. Oxford college charges are variable but not usually more than a few pounds (up to 6/7 pounds for Christchurch). Also lunch cost and any other snacks need to be met. Likewise there are admission charges into the Roman Baths (Also circa £15.50 per adult). If the duration extends beyond the stated tour time a private vehicle hire overtime rate will apply.
There are no restrictions and I can arrange car transport if required in a private vehicle.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a great trip out to visit Bath and Stonehenge. Barry was terrific, very knowledgable about the history of both Bath and Stonehenge and also added a lot of history of the surrounding area as we drove through. He also gave us an added extra of a visit to Salisbury and the cathedral, which was amazing.