The Gems of Ancient Gdansk and The Solidarity Movement History
During this tour you can visit the place where in 1980 almost 17. 000 courageous striking people under the leadership of the Peace Noble Prize Winner Lech Walesa blew the wind of uncertainty through the communism regime.
We will get to the Fallen Shipyard Workers Monument and cross the historical shipyard Gate nr 2. In the vicinity of huge cranes, an awesome modern architecture gem hosts the European Centre of Solidarity. The Council of Europe Museum Prize Winner and. . . . the cherry on top, literally on the top of the building.
If you are lucky you will meet Lech Walesa in the hall as in the building today there is his office.
The second part covers the heart of ancient Gdansk. I will take you for the journey in time. The history of Hanseatic City Gdansk is full of significant events and colourful characters.
Amazing buildings, the heritage influenced by different European comers, amber workshops. variety of cafes and restaurants create unforgettable memories.
- Fallen Shipyard Workers Monument
- Gate nr 2, European Solidarity Centre with the viewpoint at the top, "sala BHP", shipyard
- Old Town (Main Town): Great Crane, old port, Saint Mary's street, Saint Mary's church, Great Armoury, Golden Gate, Torture House, Long Street, Neptune Fountain, the City Hall, Artus Court, some hidden Gems.
I am flexible and will be happy to customize the tour on the guests' request.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up or meet according to what we agree on. E.g.port (for cruise ship passengers), airport, hotel.
End location: I will drive or walk you according to what we agree on. E.g.port (for cruise ship passengers), airport, hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Duration depends to some extent on the lunch break and your time limits (for example departure of the cruise ship or the plane).
Air - conditioned new car for up to 3 people. If needed, the car can hold 4 people, though with a little less space for all. Please contact me to ask about this.
For more visitors it is possible to hire the bigger vehicle which will be cost extra. Please contact me for a quote.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
80 zl - This is the money that covers the cost of lunch per person, coffee.
- List of about 90 countries whose nationals may enter Poland without a visa are published on the page of the ministry of foreign affairs www.msz.gov.pl
- Bank holidays when the museums are closed https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/poland/index.php
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Kasia was a fantastic guide. Extremely knowledgeable and her insight of Poland and the city of Gdansk came through as only a local could. Highly recommend!!