Opportunity to experience unique and hidden treasures in Delhi
Delhi is one of the best examples in the world where 'old meets new'. A tour of Delhi will provide the visitor ample experience to understand at once the historic time-honoured Mughal designs to modern traditions. It is a paradise for shoppers!
Chandni Chowk or "Silver Square" is the most famous and historic street of Delhi, built around 300 years ago when the walled city of Shahjahanabad was established in the 17th century. Don't let the word "old" mislead you. The energy of vibrant streets of Chandni Chowk is simply irresistible.
It is an opportunity to experience an unique and refreshing Old Delhi travel experience. On this tour of Old Delhi your senses will come alive as you will encounter the many captivating sights and sounds this amazing city has to offer to give you a taste of the city and make you sink in the frenzy of its colors, vivacity and irresistible charm.
You will experience the Bazaar walk, Cycle Rickshaw ride, visiting few hidden treasures, some street food tasting for those who feel adventurous, visiting a local home for complimentary traditional lunch in a Haveli (an Old Private Mansion in the old city in which single family is living for generations), company of English Speaking Local Friend cum Photographer and free online photo album of your entire tour as a gift for your memories!
What to wear: Because of little conservative society in Old Delhi - Ladies, please dress modestly (wear dress which cover your shoulders and your legs below the knees), Please ensure you are carrying cap for adequate protection against the sun. Usually you have to take off footwear to visit Indian houses, but check with your host as this rule may apply only to some areas of the house.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Please advise your hotel name and address to advise pickup time.
End location: Back at the Hotel
Duration: 4 hours
For hotel pickup, we'll be using a private, air conditioned vehicles. In the cases of larger groups, we may use two vehicle, but there is no additional cost. This is only used for transport from the hotel to the starting point, and back at the end.
During the tour, we'll walk, we will also have a ride in a rented Cycle Rickshaw.
- My time and Services as your English speaking local friend
- Pickup and drop services ( Hotel to Hotel) Please advise your hotel name and address to advise pickup time.
- Heritage & Bazaar walk
- Participation in local activities and interaction with locals
- Cycle Rickshaw & battery rickshaw Rides
- Some safe street food tasting
- Visiting -Few hidden treasures
- Spice Market visit
- Dariba Kalan ( the Silver Market)
- Kinari Bazar ( Wedding Market)
- Visiting local home for complimentary traditional meal in a Haveli (an Old Private Mansion in the old city in which single family is living from generations)
- Company of English Speaking Local Friend cum Photographer
Estimated Local Cash Needed
2000 INR - You will not need any extra money during the tour as food, taxes and fares are part of the tour cost. However, you may like to buy some Indian spices or souvenirs for your family and friends.
- You may like to carry some cash to buy some Indian spices for your friends and family.
- Any personal purchases or expenses.
I do not work as guide or an escort, I work as local friend. Hence, do not offend me by offering tips. I am passionate native Indian friend, who love to share my passion and love for my city.