One day trip from Prague. We will feel the history, taste the local food and vine and visit the silver underground.
This tour takes you away from the crowded places. Yet it is only an hour drive away from Prague.
Kutna Hora - UNESCO site with rich silver mining history. The town with two Cathedrals, Bone Ossuary, tour in the mines, narrow medieval streets. You will experience the real miners feel when we will descent to its underground.
Konopiste castle - four-winged three storey château. It has become famous as the last residence of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir of the Austro-Hungarian throne, whose assassination in Sarajevo triggered World War I.
- Pick up at your hotel in Prague.
- Sedlec - part of Kutna Hora, cistercian monastery with Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady, bone Ossuary at local cemetery
- Kutna Hora - UNESCO site with rich silver mining history, St Barbara's Cathedral and narrow medieval streets
- Museum of silver - "Hradek" - Tour: "The Way of Silver"
medieval mine • mining machine from the 16th century • medieval technology of mining and minting • miners' settlement
- Konopiste castle - four-winged three storey château - guided tour in castle interiors and gardens
- Return to Prague - drop off at your hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your hotel in Prague
End location: Drop off at your hotel in Prague
Duration: 10 hours
We will get around on foot and by car. Transport by Car - NISSAN Note 2011 - great leg room at rear seats. Safe, modern air-conditioned vehicle - great for long journeys.
My services as your own personal guide. All transport by My Car - NISSAN Note 2011 - great leg room at rear seats. Safe, modern air-conditioned vehicle - great for long journeys.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
500 CZK - Entrance fees (per person) to Bone ossuary, Silver mining museum, Konopiste castle
Entrance fees noted above
Meals, drinks, and personal purchases