Highlights of the city with your own Local Guide
Yangon is known as Rangoon. It has a personality that is unique, incredible, rich histories, a melting pot of cultures, and used to be main seaport of Myanmar in the colonial period. Yangon sits under the shadow of the most holiest Shwedagon Pagoda. Yangon has retained much of its architectural history of beautiful colonial buildings in the downtown area, including Shwedagon pagoda and tons of monasteries, city's numerous lush tropical gardens and stunning lakes for great recreation, bustling markets and much more!
Yangon used to be the Capital of Myanmar though it turned into a commercial city now. Although the city has seen a lot of development in recent years, it is still retaining an innocence that so many other Asian cities has lost. You can walk around at any time of the day or night anywhere in the city and still assure to get the sense of feeling safe. You have a lot to enjoy and explore to get a taste of Yangon such as attractions, foods and much more!
Discover the best of Yangon on this guided tour.
- In this incredible tour, we are going to explore Sule Pagoda and 19th-century British colonial buildings in downtown areas, enjoy the train ride.
- Visit Chaukhtatgyi Reclining Buddha to observe the beliefs & customs of local people and hear the story of Buddha.
- Then, have lunch at a local restaurant.
- After lunch, proceed towards the beautiful Kandaygyi Lake, Boyoke market (Scott market) and of course you can practice your bargaining skill with local vendors.
- Your incredible tour will finish with Shwedagon Pagoda.
This Insight Yangon tour is perfect for those love to discover diversity of cultures, histories.
Ps: Scott market usually close on Monday and gazette holidays.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up from your hotel's lobby or wherever you want me to.
For pickup at the cruise ports, there is an extra royalty fee for arrivals (cost varies depending on the ship and port) . Please contact me for the details, and I can customize a tour for you which includes this price.
End location: Drop off at the hotel or wherever you want me to
Duration: 10 hours
Sometimes we can encounter heavy traffic and please be prepared to go with flow.
Toyota saloon up to 2 persons but if you have more people to join, please feel free to ask me and i would be very happy to assist for your transportation with your plans.
Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide (My private guiding service)
- All the transportation fees during the tour (Private air-conditioned car/ Ferry fees, Toll fees, Train ticket fees)
- Purified drinking water bottle on board
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100000 Kyat - 1USD = 1300ks
Please just bring 100,000ks.
It all covers for lunch at local restaurant, soft drinks, entrance fees, zone fees, camera fees, your personal expenses.
- Soft drinks
- Entrance fees
- Meals (Lunch/Dinner)
- Personal Expenses
Hello! As I don't drive the car, I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver during your tour. Thank you for your consideration.