Discover all the secrets of Sherry Wine and more...
Jerez is the home city of the Sherry Wines, highly appreciated since the Roman times.
Sherry wine can only be produced in this corner of the world because of a bunch of climatic and geographical circumstances.
We will discover all sort of facts about Sherry in one of the most traditional Bodegas (Wine Cellars) in Jerez, the Gonzalez Byass.
A private tour inside the Bodega and a tasting of 4 different varieties of Sherry.
Opposite the Bodega Stans the old Moorish Alcázar, with its Mosque and Arab Baths.
For lunch, we drive to Arcos de la Frontera, considered to be one of the most beautiful "White Villages" in Andalusia, with its exceptional architecture and impressive location.
We explore this lovely city and then we will have a "Tapas Lunch" in one bar in the old town and maybe a coffee in the Parador, with a view over the Guadalete River below.
* The tour is up to 6 people, if you are a larger group please, inquire for a customized tour.
The driver and I will pick you up at the Dock.
In a 30 minutes ride approximately we will be in Jerez.
- Private visit of the Gonzalez Byass Wine Cellar, one of the most traditional Bodegas in Jerez. We finish the visit by tasting 4 different kinds of Sherry wines.
- Opposite the Bodega stands the Old Moorish Alcázar, so if you want we can visit it. with its Mosque and the better preserved Arab Baths in Andalusia. (The visit of the Alcázar is optional).
- We take the car for a 45 minutes ride to Arcos de la Frontera, where we will explore the old city and have lunch in one of the many Tapas Bars.
- A coffee in the Parador, with a view over the Guadalete River below will be the perfect way of ending this tour.
- Then the driver will take us back to the ship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cádiz Port
End location: Cádiz Port
Duration: 7 hours
The starting time and the duration of the tour may vary subject to the schedule of the cruise ship.
Luxury Mercedes Viano with a/c
- Transportation with Luxury Mercedes Viano +driver+fuel
- Guide services
- Private tour in Gonzalez Byass
- Wine tasting (4 wines)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUROS - - Entrance fee to the Alcázar in Jerez 5€
- Tapas, lunch and coffee.
- The entrance to the Alcázar (optional)
- Food, drinks and coffee
- Some pocket money for your personal purchases.
I don't drive myself, but I can arrange transportation upon request