Classic one-day tour with outstanding professional guide to explore the city
For most people the very word 'Shanghai" provokes excitement , stimulates imagination and raises hopes . 'So it is Shanghai!' has been a usual exclamation by newcomers, both foreigners and the Chinese. Though no match for the long history of Beijing and Xian, yet Shanghai has a unique story to tell: starting from a fishing village opened up 1842, Asia's leading city in the 1920s and 1930s dubbed as "Paris of the East", and today Shanghai has become one of the world's largest metropolitan cities, which best shows where China is headed in the 21th century as well as a museum of East meeting West on Chinese soil. Shanghai is considered the epitome of modern China, a place where east meets west. It is the very place to see the future of China.
This tour offers you the chance to know about the city history from a coastal fishing village to a metropolis, Chinese cultures including the Chinese gardening art and architecture, and local life.
This tour can start at either the hotel, or that airport.
This is a highlight tour in Shanghai, including Yuyuan Garden, the Bund, the former French Concession and Lujiazui.
- Meet in the hotel lobby.
- Visit the Yuyuan Garden area , including the Yuyuan Garden, the Shanghai Old
- Street and Mid-Lake Pavillion.
- Visit the former French Concession , including Xintiandi and the Site of the first
- Communist Party Congress.
- Take a stroll in the Bund area and enjoy the splendid views on both sides of the Huangpu River.
- Visit one of the skyscrapers in Lujiazui, Pudong.
- Get back to your hotel , check out and send to the designated airport.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Hotel lobby, airport, or cruise port.
End location: airport
Duration: 8 hours
We will use modern A/C vehicles, ranging from a standard 5 seat car up to a 17 seat van depending on the size of your group.
- Professional English speaking tour guide service
- Car service
- Shopping advisory service
Estimated Local Cash Needed
200 RMB - 200RMB/person for meal
- Scenic spots tickets
I am not a driver guide but work with excellent chauffeurs if you would like me to arrange a car for your tour. I am also more than happy to walk, take subways, bullet trains and riverboats as appropriate!