Discover Munich's Old City Center
Learn all there is to know about Munich, from it's early origins to it's modern history and everything in between. We will explore themes covering Munich's development, It's outrageous Royal family the Wittelsbacher, important traditions and interesting legends, the Nazi party and Munich as the capital of the Movement, no tour of Munich is complete without talking about Munich's legendary Oktoberfest and beer.
I look forward to sharing my knowledge and love for Munich with you.
After meeting you in your hotel lobby or on Marienplatz, Munich's city center plaza we will explore the old city center. Visiting many of Munich's major attractions and covering many different themes, these are just some of the topics and locations visited and discussed on our tour:
- Marienplatz - Munich's city centre plaza home of the glockenspiel (Glockenspiel performs at 11:00, 12:00 & 17:00 from March until October)
- Frauenkirche- Munich's cathedral and largest church
- Viktualienmarkt - The largest inner city fresh food market in Germany
- Hofbrauhaus - The world's most famous beer hall
- Max-Josephs -Platz - Home of the Munich residenz and Bavarian state opera
- Odeonsplatz - Home of the Feldherrnhalle infamous for its midnight indoctrinations under the Nazi Party
- Alter Hof - Munich's 12th century palace
- Englischer Garten - Munich's urban playground
- Eisbachwelle - Munich's river wave and surfers
- Maximillianstrasse - The most expensive shopping street in Germany
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you in your hotel lobby if it is located inside of Munich's inner city center. Alternatively we can meet on Marienplatz, Munich's city center plaza in front of the New Town Hall (das Neue Rathaus, Marienplatz 8) I will have a sign with your name visible.
End location: I can easily return you to your hotel lobby or leave you in the city to further explore Munich on your own.
Duration: 3 hours
Walking , Subway and Bus.
- Experienced and native English speaking guide
- Transportation on Munich's clean and efficient transit system
- Hotel pick up
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 Euro - The tour makes it's way through the Viktualienmarkt, a wonderful place to try Munich's local cuisine.
Any personal purchases or expenses
I have no restrictions.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was a great tour. Adam was engaging and knowledgeable. It was like a friend showing the highlights of his city. I would absolutely recommend Adam as tour guide.