See the best of Highway 1 headed south with a private guide
On this private tour, we leave the city early and head south down highway 101. We arrive in Monterey and check out Cannery Row and if time permits the world famous Aquarium. If this is not your cup of tea, we designate more time for Big Sur. Next, we cruise through 17-mile drive and the legendary Spy Glass, Spanish Bay, and Pebble Beach golf courses not to mention numerous scenic stops along the coast. Perhaps we lunch over looking the 18th? Onward to Carmel and its hobbit 'houses-by-the-sea'. If you'd like, we stroll through town. Maybe spot Clint Eastwood at the Hog's Breath. Next we drive the most dramatic stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway where California coastal mountains meet the Pacific. We'll pull over for cool bridges, big trees, waterfall and a beach.
This tour offers a lot of time flexibility for each of the main destinations. You will get to designate the amount of time at Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur depending on your interest which will be discussed with guide prior to arrival.
8. 30 Pick up in San Francsico
10. 45 Arrive in Monterey. Explore Cannery Row and/or the Monterey Bay Aquarium (1-2 hrs)
12. 30 Begin the 17-mile drive. We'll travel through some of the worlds best golf courses including Spy Glass, Spanish Bay and Pebble Beach. Some other scenic stops include; China/Seal Rock, Joe's Point, Lone Cypress, Restless Sea, Cypress Point. We even have the option to lunch at Pebble Beach overlooking 18th. (1-2 hrs)
2. 00 Arrive in Carmel and drive along the beach to check out the unique, cool houses. We'll have time to stroll through town and window shop or lunch. (45-90 min)
3. 00 Begin the drive to Big Sur. Take in some of the most scenic sights of the California coast. Stops at historic bridges (Bixby bridge). Time allowing, stops at McWay Falls or Pfeiffer Beach (1-2 hrs)
5. 00 Depart Big Sur
7. 30 Arrive in San Francisco
This tour is designed for flexibility and you, the guest, will have the ability to choose which destination deserves more time.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can pick up anywhere in San Francisco. Please let me know where before the date of the tour.
End location: Anywhere in San Francisco
Duration: 11 hours
Weather and traffic can be kinda funky here in the bay area but I'll always do my best to get the most out of any situation. I stay flexible and can always start or finish at the guest request.
We will get to see San Francisco in a luxurious Chevy Suburban. Leather interior, captain seats and tinted windows
This tour includes a fun, knowledgeable, professional guide with years of experience and local insight. Eric will make sure you'll have fun learning and seeing everything one should while visiting San Francisco. He also enjoys being a part-time photographer.
Also included is transportation in a luxurious, roomy, leather interior, dark-tinted, private Chevy Suburban full-size SUV that accommodates 6 passengers.
All guest will get bottled water and a souvenir chocolate square.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 USD - Admission for Aquarium ($40 Preorder)
You won't need cash because you'll be able to pay with credit/debit card everywhere we go but be prepared to pay for Aquarium admission ($40) and lunch ($20-30). There will be time to purchase souvenirs in Monterey and Carmel.
I am a driver/guide. Max passenger capacity 6
Only Official US Rangers are allowed to guide through Muir Woods.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Eric was a very friendly and flexible tour guide, allowing us to use our limited time to get a great overview of Half Moon Bay, Pebble Beach, and Carmel. As a San Francisco native, I even learned some new things and saw a new part of Carmel. Thank you for a great day!