Highlights of the Hermitage
The Hermitage Museum is the largest museum in Russia with more than 3 million exhibits displayed in the former royal rooms.
During tour you will see masterpieces, among them are works by Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael, Rubens and Rembrandt.
As well, the Hermitage possesses one of the best collections of impressionists and post-impressionists, including paintings by Monet, Renoir, Matisse, and Picasso. This collection is in the General Staff building now across the Palace Square and if you want to see it we need an additional ticket.
By your special request, I can arrange a visit to the two special storage rooms which display the highlights of archaeological excavations (Scythian gold jewelry) and the Romanov's jewelry and diplomatic gifts.
Transportation is not included, can be arranged for you upon request.
The museum is closed on: Mondays, 1 January and 9 May
The tour can be arrranged for any number of people.
10. 00 - Meeting with me, your local guide.
10. 30 - 13. 30 - Tour around the Hermitage museum, the main department, the General Staff building (upon request).
13. 30 -14. 00 - End of the tour at the lobby of your hotel or other mutually agreed centrally located place.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Meet by Alexander's Column, in the hotel lobby .
End location: The tour ends at the Hermitage, at the hotel lobby or in the city.
Duration: 4 hours
This its a walking tour of the museum.
- guided tour at the Hermitage museum
- tickets to the main exposition
Estimated Local Cash Needed
700 rub - Snacks at the museum cafe.
- Transportation upon request:from $20 per hour.
- Tickets for Impressionists collection - 300 rubles,
Diamond treasury - 800 rubles.
-Food and Shopping costs.