Local areas combined with all major attractions in the center
This interesting mixed tour of walking combined with tram takes us to districts where the local people live.
The tour starts from the center where we will see all the major attractions by foot. The Jugend style architectural area which used to be the quarters of Russian families in the 19th century, we will visit this area with the icebreakers and the former jail which functions as a hotel today.
We will take a tram to the prestigious Eira area and walk along the beautiful waterfront bulevard. You will see the best and most interesting parts of Helsinki and will certainly get an idea about Finns and our lives. We will also make a visit to Helsinki's most visited attraction, the Rock Church. Come and join a local tour among local people! During the tour you will get familiar with our daily lives, work, holidays, nature, education, health care. . . the list is endless, and not to mention our rocky road towards independence from Russia.
Major highlights in Helsinki:
- Neoclassical Senate Square and the Cathedral
- University library ( closed on Sundays)
- Market Square area
- Former jail (hotel today), visit inside to see former cells
- Former Russian quarters, Jugend stile area
- Esplanade Park
- Uspenski Cathedral (closed Mondays)
- Contemporary Museum of Art
- Central Railway station ( visit inside)
- Parliament House
- Chapel of Silence (optional visit)
- Rock Church, Lutheran church (visit inside)
- Eira area, prestigious Jugend style (Art Nouveau) area
- walk at the coastal area
We will have a coffee and/or a lunch break based on your request.
**This tour includes walking and travelling by tram and this will be adjusted to your wishes of moving around. It is so convenient to get on a tram!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel, airport or at any other place agreed.
End location: The tour will end at your hotel, airport or at any other place agreed.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
This is a walking tour that includes also the use of public transportation.
- tram tickets
- entrance fee to the Rock Church
- water bottle in summer
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 euros - For snacks/ beverages
10 euros for optional coffee/snacks/beverages
- Suomenlinna Sea fortress starts 1.5 2018
- There might be a minor delay due to snow in winter time
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This was an excellent way to orient and learn about the history and culture of Helsinki. Laila was a thoughtful guide who is passionate about her country. She was responsive to our requests and nothing was a bother! Laila came with maps, restaurant options, tram information and more. I would not hesitate recommending her to show you her city. Jane