Motor Tour to Glengarriff & Garnish Island Cork via Kenmare and the Caha Mountains from Killarney
The tour can start in Kenmare or Killarney continuing to Glengarriff via Bonane and through The Caha Pass which stands at the entrance to The Beara Peninsula, and on to Garnish Island.
We will then catch a boat trip to Garnish Island which is famous for its Italian Gardens designed by the Landscape Gardener Harold Peto where we will explore the gardens and the Martello Tower on the island. Lunch will be on Garnish Island or Glengarriff.
On leaving Glengarriff we will drive into The Caha Mountain Range and visit Molly Gallivan's Cottage & Traditional Farm where you will experience the simple country life in rural Ireland. The return journey to Killarney will include Molls Gap, Ladies View, Torc Waterfall and Muckross House & Gardens.
9. 00am - Collection from your hotel in Kenmare or Killarney.
9. 30am - Scenic drive to Glengarriff via Bonane & The Caha Pass.
11. 00am - Arrival at Glengarriff, boat trip to Garnish Island
2. 00pm - Lunch
3. 00pm - Drive through Caha Mountain Range, visit Molly Gallivan's. Stop in Kenmare to explore shops and the town.
4. 30pm - Return journey to Killarney, visit Ladies View, Torc Waterfall and Muckross House & Gardens.
6. 00pm - Return to your hotel
* For larger groups I can hire a mini-coach or bus with driver that will accommodate up to 50 people. Contact me for a quote based on your numbers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will collect you at your hotel
End location: I will return you to your hotel
Duration: 8 hours
Luxury Mercedes Benz E Class Touring Car
All transport costs such as vehicle and fuel, professional driver, private tour guiding services, all administration, tour planning, and insurance
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euro - Lunch & Boat Trip
Lunch, Admission fees to attractions and boat trip charge.
I am not restricted access to any Historical or Heritage sites in Kerry. However, State owned properties such as Muckross House and Ross Castle provide their own guides of the interior of the buildings and you must honour and respect these regulations.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Mary was a great local guide. She knows this area and will make it a fun, relaxing day.