Exploring the best of Bangalore with the most offbeat of places!!
If you are looking at exploring the real Bangalore beyond the normal tourist attractions then this is the tour for you! On this culture rich tour, experience the city like never before with me where as a localite, I will take you off the beaten track where we - explore back alleys, meet locals, savor authentic food, visit age old temples, feel the pulse of real Indian markets, understand more about Hinduism and culture, listen to the stories behind the places and much more.
This is going to be one exhilarating journey where you are left with a deeper understanding about the city with a sense of belonging and a whole lot of memories to take back with you! We can customize this tour with a list of experiences that we can cover in a span of about 8 hours based on your interests. We can also include some iconic places that are a must visit in Bangalore along with exploring the offbeat side of the city as well.
On picking you up from your hotel we can set about exploring about 8 experiences from the following. This is just a sample list of some of them;
- Visit a Sikh place of worship and lend a hand in the cooking process in the community kitchen
- Savor delicious breakfast at a place where snakes gods are worshiped
- Remove negativity in a temple led by transgenders
- Visit an old wrestling home
- Explore one of Asis's largest flower market
- Practice yoga with the locals
- Visit the oldest market where the city started off in the 15th century.
- Visit the first church in Bangalore built by the British
- Led a hand in the dhobi ghat where clothes are washed manually
- Visit a 1000 year old temple
- Walk in the scrap market where old vehicle parts are sold
- Authentic Karnataka meals on a banana leaf
- Visit a social organization where school children are fed
- Visit old homes of local people
- Visit a bungalow that used to belong to the Prince of Nepal
- Get your fortune told by a parrot
And lots more. .
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel.
End location: Drop back to your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Depending upon the traffic conditions
For a group size of less than 3 we will use chauffeur driven hatchback - Volkswagen Polo.
For group size of 4-5 we will use a chauffeur driven SUV - Mahindra XUV. The cars are clean and air conditioned. Please contact me before booking if you have a larger group.
- Guided tour,
- Chauffeur driven ac car and all taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop,
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1000 Indian Rupees - An authentic lunch is around Rs.400 per head. Donation at temples and if you would refreshments on the way.
Food, drinks, your personal shopping.
I have a no restrictions, and I'll try my best to accommodate all of your requests on the tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Sushma was a wonderfully well informed guide. She had a wonderfully interesting running narrative throughout the day AND she was able to answer all of our questions. She was also flexible and able to accommodate all of our requests. I highly recommend any tour by Sushma!