Discover Marseille and its local specialities with a guide and food expert
Join me in the oldest district of Marseille, "le Panier" for a fantastic food experience to meet local artisans and taste the best gastronomic specialties from Provence like the calisson, the navette biscuit or the famous pastis. . .
The Panier is an incredible historical district to wander with its artsy atmosphere, its special food stores, its famous street art, its excellent restaurants and sunny cafés !
I will share with you my passion for Marseille and the Provencal "art de vivre". I will also show you my secret addresses in the area and will tell you why food is so much important in the French culture.
The tour will start with the traditional fish market and its special touch and will end in the oldest wine shop of Marseille, a wonderful place that sell wine since 1899 and where we will have the pleasure to drink a glass of wine with locally made bread and cheese.
A unique moment to enjoy in a friendly atmosphere!
- The colorful old port : the city's vibrant hub with its unique fish market and its exceptional view on Notre dame de la Garde basilica that protects Marseille and its inhabitants.
- The old town known as le Panier : a charming and historical district with good vibes.
- La Vielle Charité : a charity shelter for the town's poor that became a cultural and peaceful place to relax.
- Le Mucem : the new modern Museum of the Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean built by the famous architect Rudy Ricciotti and that reveals splendor in the dazzle of light, shadow and shiny metal
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your hotel or if you prefer we can meet directly under Norman Foster's architect mirror pavilion called "L' Ombrière" that is located at the old port. If you come by ship, I would suggest you uber or take a cab and ask the driver to leave you directly at the "Ombrière" on the old port. I will be waiting right there for you. Do not worry, I will make sure you recognize me !
End location: The tour will end at the Old Port but if you prefer I can also leave you directly at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Please let me know in advance if you have any allergies or any special points that I should know
This is a walking tour.
- My time and services as your private guide to discover Marseille and the charming district of "Le Panier"
- Sweet and savory tastings of local and French specialties
- A glass of wine or a non alcoholic drink
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 euros - You might want to bring back home a little souvenir or some delights. In that case I would recommend that you take some money with you just in case...
Any personal purchases or expenses.