More than just a Food Tour!
Pacing is the key to this tour! It's designed to introduce travelers to as many local culinary creations as possible. . . without getting a food hangover. Explore the food scene in Honolulu during the morning and again in the early afternoon. Mid day, we will tour the countryside. Travelers can choose to go to the North Shore or the Windward/Southeast side of the island. We can incorporate sightseeing, beaches, farms, shopping, and road side restaurants.
As for the food. . .
As a former Chef and experienced Food Tour Guide, I will lead you on an authentic local experience. I will provide you with an overview of the local food scene (Hawaiian, Asian, Traditional, Hipster). I will recommend certain restaurants and dishes but travelers will have many options. We will explore the Downtown/Chinatown/Harbor area in the morning, making multiple stops. Mid day is flexible in terms of food. And in the early afternoon, we will focus on the Kaka'ako district of Honolulu, once again making multiple stops.
- Pick up at Waikiki Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Park in Downtown/Chinatown Markets for coffee/tea, a small breakfast (street food style), and exotic fruits. We will be on foot for this portion of the tour or travelers can even choose to rent a bike ($3 for 30 min) to burn off some calories.
- Back to the vehicle and we are off to the Honolulu Harbor for the freshest Poke (Hawaiian Sushi) or Fried Ahi Belly
- Next up, either the Windward/Southeast Coast or North Shore for sightseeing, beaches, and either pastries or shaved ice
- Lastly, Kaka'ako for traditional Hawaiian Food and locally crafted beer
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will meet you at your Waikiki Hotel or Cruise Terminal.
End location: Back to your Waikiki Hotel or Cruise Terminal.
Duration: 8 hours
Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna air conditioned van. Small portions of the tour include some walking.
For larger groups, I also have access to a 14 seat van. This would involve an extra cost, so please contact me for the details and a quote.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 USD - $50 per person for food.