A day trip to Rosslyn Chapel, Glenkinchie distillery and lunch in an award winning gastro pub.
This shore excursion is perfect for people who have seen Edinburgh before or would prefer to spend the day out of the city. Upon collection we will travel south to Rosslyn Chapel. The chapel dates back to the 15th century and is famous for its marvellous carvings and its mysterious links to Freemasonry, The Knights Templar and the Holy Grail. It was prominently featured in the novel The Da Vinci Code and the film of the same name. You shall also visit and tour Glenkinchie Distillery where you can find out about and sample Scotlands national drink. Lunch in an award winning gastro pub.
- Collection from cruise liner terminal
- We'll visit Rosslyn Chapel. Please note that due to regulations, the visit inside the chapel with be self guided with literature provided, and the chapel has it's own staff onsite to answer any questions.
- Break for lunch at a country pub.
- Afternoon tour of Glenkinchie Distillery
- Return to cruise ship.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Cruise liner terminals
End location: Return to pick up point unless otherwise agreed.
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Mercedes Vito taxi. Registered 2016
Free wifi access
Taxis have full unrestricted access to the city's Greenways. (Public transport express lanes)
- Private shore excursion in Mercedes Vito licensed taxi
- Driver guide services
- Entrance fee to Rosslyn Chapel
- Entrance and tour fee to Glenkinchie Distillery
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 GBP - Entrance fees
- Lunch and or refreshments
- Any personal purchases or expenses
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour