Private, custom tailored guided tour of Budapest and Szentendre by car in comfort with a professional local tour guide
If you spend multiple days in Budapest this tour is ideal for you! The tour itinerary and timing can be customized to fit your needs perfectly. Day #1 and Day #2 can be combined into one all-day (8 hours) tour!
'Day #1' You will see BUDAPEST in a 4 hours engaging sightseeing tour on and off of the beaten track. Besides the must see attractions I'll share with you the insiders' knowledge of some local legends and hidden gems of the city.
'Day #2' I'll drive you to visit the charming medieval town called SZENTENDRE, outside of Budapest.
The town feels like a real time travel back to the early 1700s no wonder why it is a highly popular destination both for locals and international travellers spending some time away from the busy capital. You can stroll along the Danube bank, shop for hand made crafts of all kinds or visit some of the little private galleries of the artists' colony.
DAY #1 BUDAPEST (4 hours sightseeing by car)
- Gellert Hill: view of the city, the Citadel fortress, Statue of Liberty STOP
- Castle district: the former Royal Palace, Matyas Church, Fishermen's bastion STOP
- Danube banks, promenades and beautiful bridges (Chain Bridge, Margaret, Elisabeth and Liberty br. ), the Funicular
- downtown area
- Parliament building and square STOP
- Andrassy Avenue: Unesco World heritage 19th century palaces and the Opera House
- Heroes' Square and the City Park: the Zoo, Széchenyi Thermal bath and Vajdahunad castle
- St. Stephen's Basilica
- Dohany Street Synagogue and the Jewish district
DAY #2 SZENTENDRE (Total of 4 hours trip to Szentendre and back to Budapest)
- Hotel pickup and 30-40 minutes drive to Szentendre.
- Walk down the Danube promenade
- Walk the cobbled streets of the downtown
- Visit Micro Wonders Museum
- Time for shopping souvenirs, arts, crafts, snacks or a lunch
- Drive back to Budapest (30-40 minutes)
- Tour ends at your hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I'll meet you at your hotel, restaurant, cruise ship pier, train station or at the airport. Please let me know what is best for you.
End location: I'll drop you off at your hotel, restaurant, cruise ship pier, train station or at the airport. Please let me know what is best for you.
Duration: 2 days
Please note that traffic may affect timing.
Private car and some walking
BMW 520i with A/C and leather seats
The fee of the tour includes:
- Private guiding
- Private car
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
- Wi-Fi internet
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20000 HUF - Even though most places take bank cards it can be handy to have some cash for smaller purchaces such as snacks, a bottle of water or inexpensive souvenirs.
- Entry fees are not included in the tour fee
- Food and drinks