Contrasting capital of Europe!
We will walk through a patchwork of contrasting neighbourhoods: medieval, neoclassic, baroque and art nouveau.
We visit parts of the lower town and parts of the upper city so that this tour offers beautiful views over Brussels. We cross one of the most beautiful squares in the world, Brussels 'Grand'Place', and meet the oldest citizen 'Manneken Pis', the peeing little boy, the main symbol of the city!
We walk through wonderful old fashioned galleries, where the famous Belgian chocolate praline was invented in a chemist shop. I'll show you 'the stomach of Brussels' and during our tour, you'll have the possibility to make a wish… But of course, we see a lot more, such as the cathedral, the exchange, 'the mount of arts' and the royal palace.
A walking tour of maximum 2½ miles/4 km along highlights and hidden corners of the city centre and the 'mount of arts', full of anecdotes with free inside visit (main part) of the cathedral (not on Sunday morning and during masses).
* I recommend comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestones (can be slippery in case of rain). To enjoy 'the mount of arts' we need to climb some stairs.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere in the city center of Brussels such as your hotel, main exit of the central railway station (exit 'Imperatrice') etc.
End location: Anywhere in the city center of Brussels such as your hotel, main exit of the central railway station (exit 'Imperatrice'), etc.
Duration: 3 hours
As this is a walking tour, you don't need transport inside the city center.
- Service as your personal tour guide
- Free map
- Advice about restaurants, museums, shopping
- During the walking tour, I'm at your disposal for all your questions.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 EURO - - Average lunch is about € 25,00 per person
- Public toilets/restrooms € 0,50 (coins are handy).
- If applicable, optional entrance fees
- If applicable, transport to meeting location (train, taxi)
- Personal drinks, food, souvenirs, shopping, etc.
- Public restrooms/toilets.