An exceptional place on earth that creates a wow feeling!
We will walk in cobbled narrow streets full of old well-preserved houses, which are an open history book.
During the tour, we cross the beguinage and discover a 'beer'pipeline! I take you back in history by explaining the surprising stories that happened behind the walls of Saint John's Hospital.
We continue to see the church of Our Lady (with optional inside visit, € 6, 00 per person, closed on Sunday morning), walk along romantic canals, meet a beer wall and arrive in the medieval city center to see the beautiful Burgsquare with old buildings such as the Town Hall and the Basilica of the Holy Blood.
Passing by the medieval Wallstreet, we finally end our tour on the Market Square, where we can see the Belfry Tower and beautiful former guildhouses.
A walking tour of 1½ to 2 miles / 2½ km to 3km, along highlights and hidden corners, full of anecdotes.
Possibility for optional inside visits to the church of Our Lady (entrance fee) and the Basilica of the Holy Blood (free entrance, closed between 12. 00 and 14. 00).
A canal boat trip can be the perfect addition to your walking tour (about 30 minutes).
* I recommend comfortable shoes to walk on cobblestones (can be slippery in case of rain).
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Anywhere in the city center of Bruges (your hotel, railway station, accommodation).
End location: Anywhere in the city center of Bruges (your hotel, railway station, accommodation).
Duration: 3 hours
As this is a walking tour, you don't need transport inside the city center.
- Service as your personal tour guide
- Free map
- Advice about restaurants, museums, shopping
- During the walking tour, I'm at your disposal for all your questions.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 EURO - - Average lunch is about € 25 per person
- Public toilets € 0,50 (coins are useful)
- Consider extra € 6,00 per person if you want to visit the church of Our Lady
- Optional entrance fee if you want to visit the church of Our Lady (€ 6,00 per person)
- If applicable, transport to the meeting location
- Personal drinks, food, souvenirs, shopping, etc.
- Entrance fees of museums, canal boats (€ 8,00 per person), etc.
For Tours in Bruges the maximum of persons is 24. Groups consisting of 25 people and more have the obligation to use a vox system with earpieces.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Rik was exceptionally knowledgeable and was a wealth of information. He made our trip to Bruges memorable! Highly recommend him as a tour guide!!!!