Ultimate Customizable Big Island Adventure for those that want to see it all
This Circle Big Island Private small group Tour will create memories that will last forever. This tour is for the person who wants to see as much as possible. The start and end varies on where you are staying and if you are flying in for the day. We can see the lava going into the ocean in the distance, as soon as a lava viewing area is made I will contact all upcoming booked tours.
There are limited roads here and we have to drive around Volcanoes, this tour can be customized.
There are 2 possible routes and they see completely different things. The North route is mostly waterfalls and lush vegetation, the South route covers newer land and more wild places.
Included stops for both (not in order):
1. Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park (the Place of Refuge).
2. The Painted Church
3. Coffee Farm or Cacao Farm
4. Popular turtle beach (depends on which way we go on which beach)
5. Rainbow Falls
6. Several things to see in Hilo
7. Japanese gardens
8. Mauna Loa Mac Nut Farm
9. Boiling Pots
The itinerary is going to depend on the direction you choose, and this is not in order. Each is beautiful and unique, "Circle Island" is kind of a misname because you can't do the whole island in a day, only half at a time. If it didn't get dark it would be possible to do everything but you can't see anything in the dark.
* View the Town of Hilo see where the 1946 and 1960 Tsunami's hit. Liliuokalani Japanese Gardens 30 acres of splendor overlooking Hilo bay
* Rainbow Falls
* Black Sand Beach at Punalu'u or in Hilo depending on route.
* Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park the Place of Refuge. The most intact Pu'uhonua (native Hawaiian Heritage site in all the Islands)
* The Painted Church
* South Point if you want the South route and Punalu'u Bakery
* Akaka Falls, Parker Ranch museum and Tex's Drive-In if you want the North route.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up on the Kona Kohala Coast or Airport.
If flying in I recommend flying into Kona (KOA) and flying out of Hilo (ITO). Doing it the other way around is fine too. I just suggest it because there are more dinner options in Hilo and it is an indoor airport.
End location: Per Customer request
Duration: 11 hours
We cover a lot in one day and it often goes longer than 11 hours, but the idea of this tour is for you to experience the very essence of the Big Island. If you need to keep the tour to 10 hours we can do that as well.
11 Passenger Mercedes Sprinter Van with air-conditioning and DVD media. We can hold 11 passengers plus a driver. Price for 10 and 11 is the same.
* Transportation: Mercedes 11 Passenger van with air conditioning and DVD media.
* Certified Volcano National Park guide with narration.
* Certified Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park guide.
* Free Photography downloaded to Photo Cloud
* Bottled water & snacks included.
* Ponchos & umbrellas if needed.
* 10-12 Hours of time
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 $ - The option of where to eat is up to the Customers we have plenty of options cost depends on what you wish to eat.
Lunch and souvenirs. Also $7 per person park fees, if you want go to Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park requires payment even if you have a Park Pass because this is a Commercial tour.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Thank you Jodi for an extremely well prepared tour (crib notes and all). You are very well informed and imparted your knowledge well to the entire family. We would like to thank you for fitting in such a lot during our tour and we are very appreciative of the extra mile you went for us at the end of the tour. Your vehicle was comfortable to travel in and the snacks and water you provided were a nice touch too. We will highly recommend you to all our friends and family. Michelle, Arthur & Family