3-day shore excursion: Royal residences- Peterhof and Catherine's palace & Novgorod as a World Heritage Site
This tour was created by me for those who want to see not only magnificent imperial St. Petersburg but to touch some of the ancient authentic Russia.
The first day of the tour we will spend in St. Petersburg visiting the former Royal residences- Peterhof and Catherine's palace. On the way to Peterhof we will see the most beautiful metro stations of the city "Narvskaya" and "Avtovo".
On the second day we will travel to Novgorod one of the most important historic cities in Russia. At its peak during the 14th century, the city was the capital of the Novgorod Republic and one of Europe's largest cities. UNESCO recognized Novgorod as a World Heritage Site in 1992. Being there we will visit Kremlin, 11th century St. Sofia cathedral , Yuriev monastery, museum of the ancient Russian wooden architecture Vitoslavlitsy. You will feel real Russia.
The third day we will spend in the centre of St. Petersburg. We will visit the Hermitage museum, St. Peter and Paul fortress and the Church on spilled blood.
9. 00 - meet at the hotel or by your ship
9. 00 - 10. 30 - drive to Peterhof and tour of metro
10. 30 - 12. 00 - tour of Peterhof gardens - fountains and cascades
12. 00 - 13. 00 - drive to Catherine's palace ( we can go to Oranienbaum or Kronstadt instead)
13. 00 - 14. 00 - lunch at the Russian style cafe
14. 00 - 16. 00 - tour of the palace and park
17. 00 - return to the city
8. 00 - meet at the hotel or by your ship
8. 00 - 10. 30 - drive to Novgorod
10. 30 - 12. 30 - tour of Kremlin and St. Sofia cathedral, monument to the Millennium of Russia.
12. 30 - 13. 30 - tour of Yaroslav's court with its ancient churches
13. 30 - 14. 30 - lunch
15. 00 - 16. 00 - St. George monastery ( Yuriev monastery)
16. 30 - 17. 30 - Vitoslavlitsy - museum of wooden architecture
20. 00 - return to the city
10. 00 - meeting
10. 30 - 13. 00 - tour of the Hermitage
13. 00 - 14. 00 - St. Peter and Paul's fortress and cathedral
14. 00 - 14. 30 - Russian pirrogi cafe
15. 00 - 16. 00 - Church on Spilled blood
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: We can meet in the lobby or your hotel or by the ship in the Sea port. I can come and meet you at the Airport or Railway station. In the end of the tour i can drop you of at the place of your choice.
Duration: 3 days
We will travel by comfortable a/c car or van
Estimated Local Cash Needed
6500 Rubles - You will need about 6500 roubles ( 120 USD) per person for lunches and admissions
*this tour is priced and designed for 1-4 persons, if your group is larger than 4, please contact me for a customized tour that meets your needs.